Chapter 7: The Old King's Legacy-Part 1

After the fight with Wellston's King and Queen, John made his way back inside the school to map out the direction he wanted the school to follow. He slowed his pace and began to wander the hall, having no real direction to go, and let his thoughts run through his head.

'I need to figure out the best way of dealing with the bullying rate here at school. Now that Arlo and Seraphina are following my orders, I should have an easier time convincing the higher tiers into protecting the weaker students.'

'Let's see; There's Blyke, Remi, and Isen, a trio of friends that would do anything if it meant something to one or the other. Maybe convincing one of them might work.'

'There's that duo, Meili and Ventus I believe. I don't know much about them, but they have loyalty to Arlo so that might help.'

'Zeke is another strong student, but after what Adrion told us, I don't think he'll be too helpful with the situation. In fact, he might just make it worse. Better to avoid him until he becomes a problem.'

As John was about to think of another student, two familiar voices rang out through the empty hall.

"JOHN!!"

John turned around and saw his best friends running up to him. Claire made it to him first while Adrion came up from behind a few seconds later, completely out of breath. John let out a small chuckle, "You know, you wouldn't be out of breath if you-"

"You shut your mouth, John! I already hear that enough from Claire!" Adrion shouted at the new King of Wellston.

Claire smiled while shaking her head. She turned towards John, her eyes fluttering as she stared into his eyes. Gazing deep into his golden iris', she admired them just as much as she admired him.

While Claire stared at John, Adrion caught her and smirked, 'Come on, you blind idiot. Notice her!'

After Claire and Adrion showed up and John made his quip to his friend, John went right back to planning out his ruling system for the school. His mind became plagued with ideas as he tried to piece it all together, causing him to be distracted from the girl's admiration of him.

Adrion saw the scene in front of him and wanted the pull the hair out from the top of his head. Just as he was about to speak up to them, it was Claire who started the conversation.

"So, King..."

John snapped out of his thoughts when he heard that word. King. A part of him really regretted grabbing that title again, knowing what that could mean bad things for the students at this new school. His mind showed him flashbacks of him abusing his friends and brutalizing the students around him.

The bodies of those John brutalized laid on the field. Bone shattered to pieces and skulls were crushed. The last kid conscious was Zirian, broken and bloody, kneeling on the ground in front of him. He grinned at the sight of the broken soul in front of him. He grabbed a fist full of blue hair and pulled him up to his face. The boy coughed up blood.

"J..."

"Please...You- ack! won!" Zirian choked on his own blood, "Just please...."

"...oo....nn..."

"No, I haven't..." A familiar voice said, a voice that reminded him of his own.....

....But of course it did. It WAS his own voice. His voice that spoke to Zirian as he punched the boy unconscious. Laughing maniacally, he turned around and left the scene.

"JOHN!"

John snapped up again, as it seemed he was lost in his thoughts again. Claire had a worried look on her face while her hands were placed on his shoulders. It seemed like the girl was trying to grab his attention while he was lost in his own memory. 'Fuck...'