no promises x panic

Author's Note

In celebration of Amazon Prime Video's newest series Panic, I am thrilled to be teaming up with Amazon Prime Video and Wattpad to write this exclusive chapter that puts my characters from this story into the world of Panic!

I hope this chapter intrigues and inspires you to learn more about Panic. Visit the #PanicWritingContest on Wattpad for the chance to put your creative writing chops to the test and learn more about the show!

To find out more about the contest, prizes, and how to enter, check out the #PanicWritingContest here: wattpad.com/AmazonPrimeVideo

Don't forget to watch the series premiere on May 28th, only on Amazon Prime Video, here: http://primevideo.com/

--

MY PHONE BUZZES against my thigh as I shift in the passenger seat of Greyson's Jeep. It's warm between my fingers as I flip it over and spot Stevie's name on the screen.

"Who is it?" Greyson asks, peering at me out of the side of his eye when I sit up and turn in my seat to search for Felix's car behind us.

"Stevie," I tell him before accepting the call and bring the phone to my ear. "Hey Vee, what's up?" I ask, tapping my toes against the seat as I hug my leg closer to my chest.

"Hey," she says. "Something is going on with Felix's car. It's making a weird noise so we're going to pull over and check it out."

"Okay, we'll pull over, too." I gesture for Greyson to pull over into the shoulder. "Something's up with Felix's car. They're pulling over."

"Look!" Isla leans forward between the seats, lifting her arm up to point out the sign on the side of the road. "There's a town coming up at the next exit," she says. "Carp, Texas. Tell them to meet u there. If it's something big, they'll probably have a mechanic that can take a look."

I bob my head in agreement and press the phone back to my ear. "There's a turn off coming up for Carp, Texas. We can meet there and take a look?"

"Sounds good," Vee says. "We'll see you in a few."

"See you," I say, ending the call before resting the phone against the seat again. "Okay, they're going to meet us there. Hopefully it's nothing major."

"It's probably just overheated," Jonas says as he shifts in his seat and presses the top of his shoe into the base of my seat.

"Let's hope so."

With our second semester done, Isla and I decided a road trip was in order. And after getting Stevie, Felix, Jonas and Greyson on board—the six of us piled into two separate cars and embarked on a journey across the country. Our end goal being Florida to meet up with Emmy at her grandparents beach house. Her job keeping her from spending the extra time driving there, instead opting to fly a few days later to meet us there.

Greyson pulls over when we reach the small town, pulling up outside the old theatre sign. A few minutes later, Felix's car pulls up behind us and we climb out to greet them. My legs aching as I stretch them out, leaning against Isla as I stretch out my back.

Jonas and Greyson wander over to Felix's car as he lifts the hood, the three peeking inside to find the source of the problem as Stevie skips over to join us.

"You know, I've actually heard of this town," Isla says as she leans into the side of Greyson's Jeep. "One of my classmates did a presentation about the so-called history of this place."

"Which is?" Jonas asks as he steps back from the open hood, wiping his hands along his jean shorts. Felix drops the hood closed and moves to stand at Stevie's side as Greyson's arm drapes around me, pulling me to stand in front of him. My lips curl up as I reach for his hand, tangling our fingers together as I lean into his chest.