Chapter 3

First day of the new year's ceremony...

I think they are having a fun right now. But I can't go there.

“Lady Rashta, I prepare the dress that you will wear in the ceremony.”

‘Why did you prepare a dress? I will not go.’

“Why, lady Rashta?”

‘I'm not feeling well. Please tell the emperor that I can't go.’

I can't say to her that I will not go, because of the Empress. And that I'm not welcomed there. I will avoid any bad circumstances that will occur.

It's so boring.

What can I do?

(Third-person pov)

In the ceremony...

“The Emperor and Empress has arrived.”

As soon as they arrived... Sovieshu find Rashta. He didn't even ask the Empress to dance.

“Where is Rashta?” He asked the servant.

“Lady Rashta is not feeling well so she says that she can't go.”

Sovieshu immediately go in Rashta's room as soon as he heard that.

Rashta's room (Rashta's POV)

Sovieshu unexpectedly came. Did she really care for Rashta that much?

This is so annoying.

“Rashta, I heard you was sick.”

‘Your majesty, I'm fine.’

This way the Empress will really hate me. You should dance with the Empress. By now, the Empress is dancing with Prince Heinrey.

‘Your majesty, you don't need to worry about me. Your visitors are waiting for you, please come back to the ceremony.’

“Rashta, you should concern for yourself.”

I really need to make him leave.

‘Alright your majesty, I will rest now so you should come back.’

I pretended that I was asleep to make him leave. But I really fell asleep.

Today is the second day of the new year's ceremony.

There are so many situation that I prevented. First is that I didn't pretend as a pen pal of Prince Heinrey. Second is that I didn't take Viscountess Verdi. Third is that I didn't attend the first day of new year's ceremony. And many more.

Everything was normal. I just avoided any situations that will hurt Navier. I didn't do anything far from that. I only stayed in my room this past few days.

It's so tiresome to simply stay like this.

Should I go for a walk? But they are occuring the event downstairs.

Well I will just look a bit.
.
.
.
They really put a lot of effort. The party is so beautiful.

Navier's POV

“Look your majesty, Rashta is hiding behind the wall.”

Huh?

Why she is hiding like that? She is just wearing a simple dress. Come to think of it, she didn't attend the banquet yesterday.

She's really staying low. She even confessed to me that she is just a slave. Why?

“Your majesty, I heard that she didn't appoint any servant or lady-in-waiting for her.”