𝑂𝑛𝑒

Seyeon sighs as she slowly strings beads into a thread, she had grown wary of constantly doing this for her mothers shop, it was so tiresome

"Seyeon-ah! Where are you?"

She blinks a couple of times, snapping out of her short-lived daze. "Here."

Her voice was hoarse from lack of use. She barely ever talked when she was alone, babbling to herself only when she was frustrated, quite contrary to when there was someone there to listen to her. She could talk nineteen to the dozen and not get tired.

"Seyeon. You've been working all day. You should take a break, hm? Go downtown to shop or something? Take the day off." Her mother bustles into the small room, a nervous smile on her lips, fingers fidgeting with a ribbon. An orange hue radiated off her.

Seyeon looks at her suspiciously, it was highly unlike her mother to give her random breaks, let alone acknowledge her effort to keep their house running.

But who cared? It was a break, a luxury that she seldom had the pleasure of having nowadays. So she seized the chance, bidding goodbye to her mother after changing out of work clothes and into a pair of more comfortable ones.

Seyeon inhaled deeply, breathing in the fresh air, devoid of any heavily perfumed vapour, and set down the busy street, the sight of the crowds slightly nauseating her.

Exhaling shakily, she plastered a smile on her face, skilfully weaving her way though the crowds, breath hitching her throat every time someone clashed into her.

Finally after a few gruesome moments, she arrived at her favourite spot in the whole kingdom.

The library.

Yes, yes, I know what you're thinking. What type of person's favorite place is the library? Well, Seyeon never goes there to study or anything like that. She just sits there, enjoying the soft rustle of pages and low chatter between students, occasionally taking a nap to pass time, maybe rereading her favorite books.

Dropping out of high school had been hard for her, but she accepted it, knowing her parents could never afford the fees at the time. Finding work as a mere sophomore proved to be difficult, yet she managed to secure a part-time job at the convenience store near the famous HYBE college. Thanks to the location, there were always costumers there, that and also because Seyeon was known as the 'pretty girl at the convenience store' that guys swarmed around. 

Being in the library, a place which was generally always quiet, calmed her and slowly lulled her to sleep, something which she was finding increasingly difficult. She also found it satisfying to watch as everyone went about their daily life, as her seat gave her an overview of the whole first floor of the library as well as the busy streets outside. It was nice not having to do anything or be anywhere. 

She slid into the chair, the same one as always, and rested her face in her palms. A small smile appeared on her lips as she looked over at the two college students that were there often, the awkwardness between them evident.