𝐹𝑜𝑢𝑟

"Did you get it?" The man in black hissed, his deep voice adding to his intimidation factor

The lady shook her head up and down violently, stringy black hair disheveled, her skin covered with boils and sores. She had a maniacal glint in her glassy eyes, her claw-like hands groping at the book she was holding, yellowed, chipped teeth showing.

She sniffed, grinning eerily, slowly giving him the book shaking her hand in front of his face, asking for her money.

He snapped his fingers, summoning one of the eight men behind him, pointing at her before walking off. The taller threw her a bag, nodding at her to open it.

She obliged, opening it, her smile growing wider as the gold reflected in her grey eyes. She bowed, hunched up figure appearing extremely small next to him.

He bowed back, jogging up to the man in black, falling into step with him.

"What's in the book?" He asked, adjusting his tie.

The subdued glow of the moon lit their path, it's blueish light calming, blending perfectly with the cool autumn air. The occasional rustle and crunch of the dried up leaves, caused the small group of people to constantly examine their surroundings, as though someone was following them.

The scent of street food filled the night sky, along with the low hum of voices. Road lamps started appearing in their line of vision, illuminating their route further, casting shadows on their faces.

"You'll see," the other muttered, turning right, as they finally arrived at their destination.

He pushed open the door of a small pub, the sound of music and chatter reaching their ears.

The brunette of the group winced, hardly refraining from covering his ears, as they were extremely sensitive to sound.

A drunk man cast him a weird look to which he bared his fangs at, eyes glowing red, astonishing the inebriated male.

The purpled haired man beside him nudged him in the ribs, hissing, "You're standing out too much Hyuck, keep your goddamned violence at a low."

The brunette rolled his eyes, tongue running over his protruding fangs, eyes alight with bloodlust.

"Look Yuta, I'm hungry, I haven't fed in more than a week," he shot their leader a dirty look, "because someone said we have to lay low."

Their leader, however, feigned deafness, silently making his way to the backroom. Holding the door open for everyone, he waited until they got inside before scanning the crowd one last time and entering himself.

He set the book down on the table covered with a thin layer of dust, particles flying everywhere because of the impact. He looked up at the candles on the chandelier, igniting them, lighting up the musty, dark room.

He sat on the chair at the head of the table, gesturing towards everyone else to sit as well, which they did without hesitation.

"Let's get right to the point." He propped his elbow on the armrest, sending a soft gust of wind at the book, watching as the pages flicked open, coming at a stop on the sheet titled 'Fairies'.

He suspended the book in mid air, showing the page to everyone.

Once everyone saw the heading, he set the book back down gently, sitting forward in his seat.

"Fairies," he read, "magical creatures with the appearance of a human. They are known to have many mythical powers, some of which have been revealed to us, but others are kept secret, guarded selfishly by the mysterious entities. The few that are known to us include the ability to influence the control of water, earth, light, animals, and air. While fairies have either died out or gone into hiding over time, there are still a few left, unaware of their origin, living life normally, since their powers haven't been triggered yet."

When he finished he looked up at the confused expressions on everyones faces. He shook his head disapprovingly, closing the thick book with a loud thud.

"With all due respect Yong, what the hell does any of this have to do with us?" The tallest questioned, his hazel hair falling attractively over his face.

He sighs. "Johnny, I don't know either, all I know is that we have orders to destroy a specific fairy, so we obey our orders to destroy that specific fairy. We don't question it, okay?"

The indigo haired speaks up, "Why though? I mean...they don't seem like the destructive types."

"Yeah Taeyong, all they do is help life flourish, not really dangerous in any way, right?" Yuta mutters.

Taeyong pinches his nose bridge, "I told you, I don't know okay! Sooman gave his orders, and if we don't carry them out, we pay. And I highly doubt any of you want to be punished by him." He stands up dismissing them with a careless wave of his hand.

"There must be some threat they have to our kind."

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"This hit, that ice cold. Michelle Pfeiffer, that white gold. This one, for them hood girls. Them good girls, straight masterpieces. Stylin', wildin'. Livin' it up in the city. Got Chucks on with Saint Laurent. Gotta kiss myself, I'm so pretty"

Freezing water hit Seyeon's aching body, making her stop her singing for a moment to sigh in relief.

Another morning, another day, another 12 hours of her life she will never get back.

She climbed out of the small cubicle shower, her body dripping as she grabbed her fluffy pink bathrobe, securely tying the knot around her waist. Her eyes fell on the clock hanging above the mirror a small yell leaving her mouth when she read the time. As quickly as she could she put on her clothes, frantically brushing through her damp hair.

She dashed across the bathroom floor, only to slip and fall on her butt, a cry of pain and laughter both, falling from her lips.

"Unnie, you okay in there?" Her sister called from the other side of the door, knocking on it, voice muffled.

Seyeon stood up, wincing, "Yeah."

She unlocked the door, storming out, rubbing her back. "Stupid wet floor."

Pretty short chapter lmao

But it's just to give a little insight to the plot

Also, yes, i changed the banner thingy idk what its called

Thanks for reading!

Don't forget to vote and comment!