6-A Recruit to The Hunters

10 Years Later

Katharos was walking through a run down neighborhood in New York. Hades had told him there was a demigod here. He wrinkled his nose in disgust as he caught the smell of trash and liquor, the street dirty with grime. 

As he was walking by a run down, one story house, he heard a crash from inside.

"Stupid girl!! Come back here!! You need a punishment for spilling that bottle of beer on the floor!!!!", A man bellowed, the voice moving as though the man was searching for something. Katharos immediately ran to the front door, and kicked it off the hinges, walking into a living room. He immediately got hit with the strong stench of cigarettes and alcohol. 

A man lumbered into his vision, holding a beer bottle. "This is my house, get out!!", the man bellowed. He was short and squat, with a beer belly, his dirty hair graying. Katharos growled, trying to rein in his temper. He calmly walked up to him, confidence lacing his every step. The man backed off warily and lifted the beer bottle as a weapon. 

Katharos decked him with one punch, his body sent sprawling into the wall, unconscious. He walked into the next room, which was a kitchen with a gigantic bar, a small stove in the corner. There was a girl underneath a table, about the age of 13, with hair that looked brown with dirt looking at him fearfully.

Her clothes were torn and ragged as if she has worn them for a long time. Cuts littered her arms, faced and legs. Seeing this, he walked back into the room, and killed the man, letting Hades deal out the punishment. He would've let him go without killing him, but seeing the girl's condition, obviously getting hurt for a long time, the man doesn't deserve mercy.

Katharos walked back into the room and knelt a few feet away from her. "That man won't hurt you again. I will not hurt you either. Can you please tell me your age and name?", he asked the girl softly, making sure he didn't corner her, his hands out in front of him in a non threatening way.

"He-Helle-Helena, 14", she stuttered out looking at him cautiously. 

" My name is Katharos. I need you to trust me for a second Helena, can you hold out a hand? I will explain everything afterwards." he asked, making sure that she knew she had an opinion of refusing.

After a bit of hesitation, she decided that he wasn't going to hurt her. Helena put her arm out, ready to run if necessary.

Katharos slowly extended his arm to grasp hers, making sure she could see every movement. His hand lit on fire. Helena gasped, but kept her arm out. The fire spread all over her body, cleaning and healing her and her clothes. Once the fire dissipated, there was a blonde with blue eyes and brown skin.

She practically jumped on Katharos, hugging him gratefully. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!" she squealed out. 

He smiled hugging her back gently. Once she was done hugging the life out of him, she leaned back, still clutching his hand like a lifeline.

 "So Helena, have you heard about the Greek gods?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Line Break~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two hours later, Katharos was in the forest walking to where the Hunters of Artemis were, Helena following him. He would've mist traveled, but he did not want to put any strain on Helena's body. 

The girl in question had listened to his explanation about the Greek gods, not once did she ask for proof. Of course, the whole healing her with fire helped her with believing him. After the full explanation, Helena choose to go to the Hunters' camp, because she did not like boys, the exception being Katharos. 

"We are at the border of the hunters' camp, I can lead you part of the way there, but if I go fully they will try to capture me." Katharos said, starting to hide in the shadows.