Chapter 7

Earlier that night.....

Jennifer's POV

I just got dressed into a short black tight dress with a slit on the thigh and black heels. I had already did my make-up so I sat in the living room waiting for Joe to come and pick me up. He told me he was going to pick me up at 8:30 and I finished getting dressed at 8:15. Now it's already 9. I'm still waiting for him, I was so excited to go out with him after the big fight we had last night but I think he must of forgot. So I decided to call him but he didn't answer the first time so I called him again and he finally answered but he was breathing heavily.

"Hi baby, are we still on tonight?" I asked since it's almost been an hour.

"Yeah, I'm coming just still got some work to do. I promise I'll be there"

"Ok...I love you" but he already hung up. I just want us to have some time together and talk it out. The fight was so ugly yesterday, I would never cheat on him...with Ryan at least. I feel so bad that he felt that yesterday, I just don't ever want him to go through that.

An hour later and it's already 10, he still isn't here. I called him again and he didn't answer. I sighed while getting up and went to the bedroom to get undressed but I heard my phone ring, I looked at the caller ID and it was joe. "I'm here" he said and hung up, I smiled and went out and he was waiting in the car. I got in and leaned in for a kiss but he wasn't facing me so I kissed his cheek. He put his hand on my inner thigh and backed out the driveway. "I had reservation but obviously it's late. Any requests?" I looked at him a bit hurt since I wanted a romantic set-up but i guess not. "Surprise me" I whispered and he looked at me and smirked.

Not even 10 minutes later we pulled in at Taco Bell. I expected something better but I'll just accept this. We went in and I looked like a celebrity compared to the people in here. He order for me and I sat at a booth waiting for him. Five minutes later and he still wasn't here so I looked behind me to the register and he was talking with a girl behind him. She looked about my age maybe a bit older. I got up and walked to them and overheard their conversation. "How about round five at your house around 2 in the morning?" he said and she nodded walking away. I felt my heart drop, He's cheating on me? I walked back to the booth and sat down while letting my tears escape. A few moments later he walked over to me with the food. "Here you go" he said and passed me my food.

"How long?" I asked referring to the affair without looking at him. "What do you mean? It was quick" he said talking about the food. "How long?" I asked looking at him with my teary eyes. "The affair" I added and he sighed. "How many times?" I asked with my voice cracking. "Lets not talk about it here. Just finish your food." He said putting he straw in his drink. "I said how many times?" I asked. He stopped and looked at me. "Three times" he said. I looked down trying to control my tears. "I wanna go home" I got up and walked to the car and he unlocked it. I got in and put my face in my hands. How could I be so blind sided? He got in a drove home. How could today get any worse? He was late on picking me up, He took me to Taco Bell because he was late, and he is cheating on me. Great.

We got home and he keeps talking to me and telling me all sorts of stuff. 'It didn't mean anything' or 'It was an accident'. That got to me, it was an accident? "What the fuck you mean it was an accident?! An accident happens once, not three times!!" I yelled making him freeze since I never yell. I'm just so hurt, even though we haven't been together that long we still are committed to each other. I just don't know how to feel right now or do. I'm just so tired.

"I'm sorry" he said sincerely and even though I get weak, I have to be strong or he just thinks he can do whatever he wants with me. A man will only do what you allow him to do. "Sorry? Your not sorry." I said with my voice cracking. "I am Jennifer, I truly am." I chuckled looking away. "No you're not, you're just sorry you got caught" he was speechless. I waited for a response but there wasn't any. "I'm going to sleep on the bed, you're on the couch" I said and he scoffed acting like he didn't want to.