chapter 2

Leah's POV

"You better watch your fucking attitude I'm not playing with you" my dad gritted since I told Jennifer to get out my face. "Baby, stop. she just isn't used to me yet" Jennifer told my dad and he looked at her and said, "Babe you have to stop defending her. She is literally disrespecting right in your face". Jennifer looked down and softly bit her lip. "I know that, I do Papi. She just doesn't know me yet" she said softly and rubbed his shoulders a little to calm him down. "You're right" he whispered and hugged her. My eyes widened since I never seen anyone calm my dad down before. Jennifer has been here a couple days now and I just HATE her more now. She acts like she is all innocent but I know there is another side of her that she just isn't showing. Everyday she cooks breakfast and every night she cooks dinner. It's not like any girl my dad had before, ever. I'm determined to have her leave, but I just don't know when.

I went passed them and got water from the fridge. I sipped my cup and looked at them hugging still and walked away while scoffing. My dad was going to say something but he stopped when Jennifer said, "What did I just say". I guess my Dad got turned on because they were gone in a second. I went to the living room and facetimed Lexi since i was bored then put a movie for background noise. Lexi answered and I told her about this morning and she rolled her eyes because she doesn't understand why I hate her so much. "I swear she is so annoying, if you were in my situation you would understand" I said watching tv. "If I were in your situation I'll make a porn video and name it, "Daughter fucks step mom"" she said so confident. "You're fucking disgusting" I said looking back at her and she just laughed. We kept talking for about an hour and Jennifer walked in.

"Here we go" I muttered to Lexi and she was confused until she heard Jennifer's voice. "What are you watching?" she asked and sat on the other couch and Lexi answered, "finding Nemo!" she yelled making Jennifer giggle. "That's cool baby. How about you Leah?" she asked looking at me like she really cared on what I had to say, but Ignored her. "Leah please, I'm really trying here. I know I've only been here for a couple days but I'm trying to last with your father. He is the most amazing thing that has happened to me, He is caring, thoughtful, sensitive, and everything that I could ever dream for. I would love it if you and me could have a nice close relationship together since I'm not leaving for a while" she said with so much sincerity but I faked a yawn an said, "Not the first hoe to say that". I got up and went to my room. I looked back and I could see that she had her face in her hands, I looked forward again and went inside my room.

I didn't realize that Lexi was on the phone until she started to sniffle. "That was beautiful" she whispered and I rolled my eyes and hung up on her. I turned around a fell on my bed backwards. I stared at the ceiling and just waited for something to pop in my head so I could have Jennifer disappear.

Since my mom died my dad has been completely different. Always hooking up with different girls, always going out, never talks with me anymore, and it's like everyone is invisible to him. I have to be honest, Jennifer does make a difference. My dad now does talk to me or he does get out the room even though he is not going to work, and he doesn't cheat on her which actually surprises me since he did cheat with all his other girlfriends. Maybe, just maybe Jennifer does make a difference but that doesn't mean I'm not going to stop from trying to get her out of the picture. I just don't know what to do.

I'm bored right now and today is Saturday so I'm going to go out and go to a theme park. So I decided to call Lexi to see if she wanted to come and she wanted to invite this guy, Noah. So I just said yea since I didn't want to go alone. I got dressed into ripped jean shorts with a Gucci belt and a regulars short sleeve shirt tucked in with black forces. After I got dressed I grabbed my keys, my phone and went to the kitchen to get a water bottle since I'm going to be walking around all day. I walked passed the living room where Jennifer was and she looked up."where are you going?"she said, I mentally rolled my eyes and sighed. "Going to a theme park with my friends" I said simply and she got excited. "Can I come with?" She asked. "No" I said simply but she didn't stop there. "Please baby, I will leave you alone. I won't embarrass you, please?" She said and I nodded my head and she jumped up and went to get dressed.