Part 20- What are you planning?

•••••••••••••
Time skip: 3 months
•••••••••••••

As most of the time, Melian was in her dorm, talking to Ahsoka. Sometimes she felt like she had no friends, other than Ahsoka and the clones. Not that she didn't love them, they were the best people in the galaxy. But you know, sometimes she wished there was someone that didn't know every single little thing about her.

"Where's Rex?"
"Well how should I know, he's your boyfriend" true, true.
"No, no, he never leaves without telling me where he's going. Not that I make him do it, he just... does that, I don't know"
"He probably told you earlier, you just forgot", that seemed unlikely, but whatever.
"I know! I'll just ask one of the boys, he always tells them. Besides, I feel like someone is hiding something"
"You mean, Rex is hiding something from you?" Ahsoka seemed worried.
"No, no. I don't think it's Rex, but it's sure connected with him. I can sense it" sounds dumb, but that's how it is.

Melian was thinking of who to ask, then she remembered who is always reachable by his comms.
"Heya Tup, do you maybe know where Rex is? He left and I can't reach him nor find him" that was partially a lie since she didn't even try to reach him, but this was the best option.
"Actually commander, I do know. He went on a briefing. I think it's about breaking into the Citadel and saving... a jedi I think?" It clicked now.
"Of course! They're saving master Piell! Thank you so much Tup!" Melian hung up. Ahsoka was sitting next to her.
"Come on Ahsoka! We have to catch them before they leave!" but she didn't look like she was going.
"Don't you think they didn't invite us for a reason? Plus, the Citadel is a dangerous place, we better stay here" Ahsoka's changed a bit.
"What? So what if it's a dangerous place, we're capable enough!" Ahsoka looked at her, her eyes telling Melian to not go.
"I'll be fine. I promise. Now, I don't want them leaving without me" Melian left their dorm in search of her master and Rex.

Melian was running thru the Temple when she saw Anakin and a few other masters.
"Master!" she caught up to them
"Sorry I'm late, I just heard about the briefing. We're saving master Piell, right?" Melian said with a smile. All of them looked at her, but none answered.
"You two have much to discuss" Master Plo Koon said as all of them left, leaving her and Anakin alone. 
"What's going on?" she asked, her voice silent and slow.
He sighed, "Listen, you're not going along on this one"
"What?! But you're breaking into the Citadel! No one's ever done that before!"
"Citadel isn't a place for padawans. It was designed to hold jedi if any of us lost our way. Escaping isn't easy, you either do or die. And that's a risk I'm not willing to share" his voice went more and more silent as he spoke. Melian could see she upset him, but she really wants go. She'll think of something already.

They were soon leaving for the Citadel, but Melian had to talk to Rex once more.
"Be careful out there, please"
"I will, for you"
There was a long pause where they were just hugging.
"Melian, please don't try to get on the team. I can see in your eyes that you're planning something." he knew her too well.
"Well, you see... I can't really promise you anything other than "I'll be careful when I get on the team"" Melian smiled at him and he rolled his eyes with a laugh.
"Rex! Come here" someone was calling him. This moment always broke her heart, watching him go without her, not sure if he'll come back. If she'll be able to see him again. To hug him again. To tell him she loves him one more time. But not this time. She is getting on that ship, one way or another.

Melian saw master Plo at his ship. She walked over to him and plopped on the ground.
"What's wrong padawan?" he asked, as comforting as he could.
"Anakin doesn't want me to go, but I don't think it's fair. I should be able to choose when and how I will put my life in danger, not him!"
"Well when you say it like that..."
Melian looked up at him and smiled, knowing exactly what he meant.

Anakin, Obi-Wan and some boys were getting ready for carbon freezing, Anakin's brilliant idea to get past the life scanners. Melian stood a little further and waved at Rex. He mouthed 'What have you planned'. She, in defense, mouthed 'Nothing, what are you talking about?' Of course, he didn't believe her.
"Are we sure this thing is safe? I don't wanna end up a wall decoration" Fives with his 'comforting' words.
"Don't worry Fives, you'll make an excellent wall decoration!" He wasn't really surprised Melian said that, but Rex hit his forehead with his palm. She shot him a death glare and he just stood waiting for the carbon. As his platform went down, Melian mouthed one more time 'I love you'. 

Now they were all frozen, and the others were placing them in the ship. Because they were slow, Melian had just enough time for her plan. She stood on one of the places were she could get frozen. She looked at the control panel and extended her arm a bit, pushing one of the buttons with the Force. Her platform went down and soon she was frozen too. To her luck, nobody noticed there was one person extra and she was on the ship with others. This is going to be a fun ride.