Part 32- Hardcase!

"Ooh I like that plan" Melian smiled at Rex. He knew exactly what she meant.
"Fine, but you tell Krell"
"But he already hates me!"
"No wonder..." Fives slightly smirked and whispered
"He hates you more though" she smirked back
"Touché"

Melian and Rex decided to talk to Krell about changing the plan. They arrived to the top of the Tower and saw Krell. Rex decided to speak first
"Sir, with all due respect, might we suggest another option to help us secure the capital?"
"And what would that be?"
Now was Melian's turn for talking
"My men have cracked the Umbaran codes. With the starfighters we can sneak past the supply ship's defenses. We take it out and the capital will be left with no supplies"
Their plan finally got Krell's full attention
"And who do you propose would fly these starfighters? Are your men now pilots?"
"My men may not be pilots, but they are able and willing to learn and adapt quickly, which a few of them demonstrated"
Krell seemed to consider their plan. He put his hand under his chin, thinking.
"I'm afraid I can't afford to waste any clones on frivolous adventures"
Melian truly couldn't believe him
"But you can waste them on suicide missions" she murmured.
"We're going to need everyone to take the capital"
As he said that, missiles fell near the airbase.

Rex and Melian were in the elevator, returning from the Tower
"I can't believe him" Melian looked down. When she looked down, her view fell on her wrist, her tattoo. She hated that thing. It seemed as though every time she said the sentence on her wrist something bad would happen. She didn't dare say it anymore.
"We have to tell the men Krell didn't agree"
That's what they were about to do now.

The couple entered the barracks, the boys excited to hear the good news. Rex sighed
"The assault on the capital... will continue as planned"
The room was quickly filled with a few groans, sighs and disappointed men.
"So that's it? We just march into those missiles?" Jesse asked.
"Oh there's another option" Fives looked around the room
"We go ahead with our plan and suffer the consequences"
"Fives you would be court-martialed" Melian sighed
"If it were up to me and we had the time and the training I would say do it. But the truth is you are no pilots" Rex sat down
"Come on, if Hardcase can fly one of those things they all can" Melian chuckled a little
"Yeah he wasn't really flying, more like avoiding crashing" everyone laughed at Tup's words and looked at Hardcase who was acting offended. The group would've talked about the plan more but Dogma entered the barracks.
Jesse quickly and quietly cleared his throat
"Here comes Dogma"

"Uh, what's going on? Why is the Commander here?"
"What do you mean? I just came to talk to you guys" Melian was the best at lying amongst all the people in the room so she did her part. Rex left the barracks and Fives followed him. Jesse, Tup and Melian looked at each other, knowing that this won't turn out good.

Hardcase was sitting in one of the starfighters with Melian and Fives on the side. They, plus Kix and Jesse, were in the hangar, trying to see if the boys would be capable enough to fly them.
"Try not to crash it, Hardcase"
"If he even gets it off the ground" Fives and Melian laughed at their best friend.
"You two are acting like I never flew one of these"
"Come on, we all know Tup was right, you were just avoiding crashing"
"Alright, I think we're done torturing you-" Melian started, but Hardcase interrupted her
"Thank you"
"No problem. Now fly already!"
Hardcase slowly lifted the starfighter off the ground. Melian clapped and cheered him on. It made him happy, glad, proud. But then he started uncontrollably flying around the hangar and shooting. Melian and Jesse hid behind one of the shelves while Fives and Kix were trying to stay alive by moving. Hardcase knocked down almost all of the star fighters in the hangar, which triggered an alarm.
"Hardcase!" Melian yelled and laughed. When Krell contacted the hangar, Fives decided to talk to him and try and save their heads.