Part 40- Time's up

"Go, you may. Meditate, you should. Clear your mind, and rest, young one" Yoda nodded and Melian nodded back. Waving at her Master and Shaak, she left the room, hoping to leave this behind, though she knew it will never happen.

With a sigh, Melian walked through the Temple. It was all so quiet, and she couldn't understand why. The mess hall had only two other Jedi, sitting on opposite sides of the big room. Both were half asleep and were now only playing with the food on their table.
"Melian Viggó?" Someone asked in disbelief before she could even get a chance to pick up some food. Turning on her heels to the right, it were one of the half-asleep Jedi that called her.
"Sorry, but... do I know you?"
"No. But I've heard about you" his eyes lit up.
"Really? I don't wanna know from whe-"
"You were on Ringo Vinda weren't you? And you were friends with that dead clone" he asked so heartless. Melian felt like she was on the verge of tears, slapping a hand over her mouth, she quickly walked away from the mess hall. And she didn't even get a chance to eat!

She had to meditate. It was the only thing she could right now. She entered her small room, which only had a bed and a big, tight cushion for meditating, just like Master Yoda. When she closed the door behind her and let her hair loose, she sat down, crossing her legs. Her back straight, her hands crossed over her thighs. Few deep breaths later, she closed her eyes, calling onto the Force. At first it was the usual. War, deaths, pain. But there was something new. Something she didn't feel for a long time. Resolve. Calmness. Cunningness. The last time she felt those emotions while meditating was... no, i-it can't be. That's impossible, isn't it? It was sure supposed to be impossible. But can she trust anything now? The Sith. They were thriving.
Come on girl... come on~
The same voice as from the storage room taunted her, almost singing
"What do you want from me?" Melian calmly asked, her eyes still closed.
I want you to break!
"Then you will fail" she was sure she could resist this voice or whatever it was.
Don't be so certain
"Who even are you?" A question she's been begging to ask ever since she first heard the voice. Now she finally got the chance.
You know who I am
The voice laughed hysterically
"I don't. I really don't" still calm, Melian answered. What surprised her the most was that she never heard the voice breathe. She never heard it breathe in. Or out. Never heard the sound of a breath in her ears when it spoke. There was no breath. It seemed to just, exist in her head. What was this thing?
I can read your thoughts girl, you can hide nothing from me.
"You're lying"
Oh I am not. I know your darkest secrets. I know everything about you. But most importantly, I know your deepest fears.
Melian suddenly jerked her eyes open. Her breathing became uneven and fast. She looked around herself and instantly realised she wasn't in her room anymore. She was in a Force vision. Her surroundings were dark and it reminded her of only one place.
Yes, you know this place, don't you?
With every passing second, the voice irritated Melian more and more.
"Of course I know it" she snapped at it.
"Umbara. Though anyone could've guessed this was a nightmare" she was still looking around the place. It was all in a haze, covered by a certain mist.
Yes, but that is not my point. Take a walk
Even though every instinct in her body told her not to do it, she did it. She took one step forward, carefully, on alert. Then another. And another. And another. And she kept going. She kept walking until she saw a familiar person curled up on the ground.
"Rex?" She asked, getting down onto her knees next to him. She began reaching out for his hand, but he slapped it away.
"Get away from me!" He jumped to his feet, and Melian followed.
"What's wrong?"
"Don't talk to me! Don't get closer to me, don't look at me, don't exist next to me! I don't want you anywhere near me!" He yelled at her. She couldn't understand any of it.
"Why? What have I done?" her voice cracked.
"What have you done, seriously?! It was all your fault!" He looked straight in her eyes, and yet, he seemed to be looking through her.
"You called Krell to Umbara! You helped him! You betrayed us!" he looked sad, hurt, betrayed, angry.
"I haven't!" She angrily yelled back, and recieved only an angry chuckle in return.
"You haven't? Look around you. Are the dead bodies of my brothers enough of a proof to you?"
She looked at him confused. There were no bodies there. Though indeed, when she looked around, dead bodies just appeared out of nowhere. Her breath got stopped in the middle of her throat. Fives. Echo. Tup. Kix. Jesse. Hardcase. Waxer. Boil. Every clone she had ever loved. Every clone she ever knew. Dead. The marks of her lightsabers all over them. She finally looked back at Rex who had angry tears on his cheeks.
"Rex..." was the only thing she could bring out of herself.
"Don't. This was all your fault" he softly told her. Hearing his voice crack brought tears to her eyes as well.
"You're a failure!" He suddenly raised his voice. Melian didn't even have time to react, everything became distorted and faded to darkness. She seemed to have been floating through a ton of nothing
"You're a failure!" Came from her right. She could recognize that voice anywhere. Anakin.
"You're a failure!" Came from her left. Ahsoka.
"You're a failure!" It seemed to have been coming from all sides, from everyone she knew.
"Stop! Stop!" She screamed, tried to cover her ears, but nothing worked. Suddenly, after what seemed like forever, she was thrown back to her room. She opened her eyes again, happy to be back, though she was sitting on the floor, next to the cushion, holding tightly to it.
Now do you believe me?
The voice asked, seemingly full of itself.
"No... not really" Melian said, catching her breath.
How come?
"You showed me nothing. Just something that was so obviously traumatizing, and added your spin to it. You're not special" she may have said it, but she didn't think that way. She knew the voice was right. It showed her exactly what it said it will. And it did what it said it will. It broke her.
Forgetting something, aren't we?
It laughed
I know your thoughts, I know what you think of me.
"Fine" she sighed
"What do you want from me now" she stood up and walked around the room.
I want you to remember only one thing
The voice seemed to have softened.
"What is it?" She stopped, feeling concern coming from somewhere. Perhaps the voice, but where was the voice?
Remember.... Time's up.
Melian suddenly felt a sharp pain in her head. Her legs gave out and she tumbled down. While supporting herself with her left hand on the bed, her right hand was rubbing her head. That was... strange, to say the least. Though it wasn't the only strange thing. She felt weirdly empty, like something was missing.
"Hello?" She called, removing her hand from her head.
"You still here?" When the voice didn't answer back, she shrugged her shoulders. Nothing important. Her right hand started to come closer to her face in an attempt to rub her eyes, but when it got closer she noticed something. Her sleeve was rolled up a little and she got a good look on her wrist. Her eyes widened and her hand ended up falling loosely to her side. When she finally got enough courage to look at it clearly, her heart dropped. On her right wrist, instead of the usual "Time's Up!" in thick black letters, those two words were written over and over again, from all directions. All of them looked like they had been scribbled on by a five year old child. And all of them covered the original sentence. All of them seemed like they had been scribbled on her in panic, no exclamation marks. She turned around herself, looking around the room.
"This is crazy..." she whispered and ran out of the room. Melian only stopped running when she reached the Garden of the Temple.