The Next Step 10 Year Reunion

Riley's Perspective:

James and I walk into Studio A, and it feels so unbelievably weird to be back after all this time. It's The Next Step's 10 year reunion, and all of the old A Troupers are coming, as well as some of the new ones. I'm so exited to see how everyone's been.

As we're about to walk towards everybody, our daughter, Olivia, moves from her position snuggled against James. "Mommy, where are we?" she asks as she wakes up.

"We're at our old dance studio, remember, Baby? I told you about it this morning?" I say.

"Oh, yeah I remember," she asks.

Just then, Giselle walks up to us. "Hey guys!" She yells excitedly.

"Hi!" I exclaim, running forward to hug her. James is slower, as he's carrying Olivia.

"Who's this?" Giselle asks excitedly.

"Oh, this is our daughter, Olivia." James says.

"Awww, you guys had a daughter! A mini Jiley! That's so cute!" She exclaims. "How old is she?"

"I'm five!" Livvy says proudly in her quiet little voice.

"Five? Wow, you guys wasted no time," she says.

"Hey, it's been 10 years," James defends. "So what've you been up to?"

"Well, I'm dating this guy I met on the tour, we've been together about 5 years."

"That's great, Giselle!" I say.

"Yeah, we're super happy. Do you want to hear about everyone else?" She asks me when James goes off to see the boys, still carrying Livvy.

"Uh, absolutely!"

"Well, Thalia and Eldon got married 2 years ago, and are expecting their first child. Emily and Hunter are dating after getting back together, which I'm sure you already knew," she says, and I nod. "Amanda and Max actually recently started dating as well, and everyone thinks it's super cute. Stephanie's single, but she's been in a couple TV shows, which is great, one of them being dance related. And Michelle and John are still dating after like 7 years."

"Wow, that's so great for everyone! But, how do you know all of this?"

"I've been here for a while," she says, shrugging. "Do you want to hear the most shocking thing?"

"Yeah, of course!"

"Well, Noah and Richelle—" she starts, but gets interrupted when they walk over. I study then both, they've grown so much since I last saw them. Then I pause, and glance again as I'm not sure I saw it right the first time. Yup, I wasn't seeing things. Richelle has a huge engagement ring on her finger!

"Richelle!" I gasp. "You're engaged!"

"Riley, that's what I was going to tell you." Giselle says.

"Wait, you said Noah...and...Richelle. Are they—?"

"Yeah, we are. We're engaged!" Richelle exclaims happily. Noah grabs her hand, smiling just as much as her. It's actually adorable.

"Awww guys! I always knew you guys would stop being stupid and get together! You're like a second little Jiley!"

"Speaking of which, where is James?" Noah asks.

"Oh, he's over there with West and Eldon." I say.

"Who's that in his arms?" Richelle asks.

"That's our daughter, Olivia." I say. "I'm going to go see them, will you guys excuse me?" As I walk away, I whisper into Richelle's ear "You're next." She gulps, and I leave smirking to myself.

"Hey, hun." I say to James. "I can take Livvy now if you want."

"Sure, Ri. My arms are getting tired anyway." He says, sighing. He puts down Livvy carefully, and she makes her way over to me, putting her arms out so I can pick her up.

"Sorry, honey, but I can't lift you up." I say to her, and she pouts. "Livvy, you know you're too heavy for me."

"I know, but I don't like walking." She says.

"Tell you what, if you walk for a little bit with me, you can have 2 treats from the snack table instead of 1."

"Okay!" She yells.

"Okay. Do you want to come with me and say hi to some people?" I ask, grabbing her tiny hand in mine.

"Yeah. I like people!" She says excitedly. That quality, she got from James. I was a shy kid, but she loves meeting new people.

I walk up to Michelle after leaving James, and put my have on her shoulder to scare her from behind. "Ahh!" She screams as she turns around. "Geez, Ri, you scared me."

"Kind of the idea." I say.

"Oh, hi, Livvy." She says to the small body hiding behind my leg. Michelle is one of the only people from A Troupe that we have seen, as she's my best friend.

"Hi," she mumbles.

"Are you okay, Liv?" I ask.

"No, Mommy. I'm tired, I want to go home."

"Okay, baby. We can go." I say.

I go over and grab James. I'm tired too, it'll be good to go home. It was lovely to see everyone though.

Author's Note:

Have a great day/night everybody! Love you all!
-PommyPom34567