Truth or Dare

Author's Note:
This story is set in season 3 of The Next Step, but it's sort of based off of the sleepover episode in season 1. 

Riley's Perspective: 

Ms Kate had us all come in to the studio late at night for some sort of surprise, but no one has any idea what it is, and as I look at the rest of A-Troupe, it's very clear that they are all just as puzzled as I am.

I look over to my right and see James coming in, so I go over to him. "Hey," I say.

"Hey, Riles." He replies, putting his arm over my shoulder. "So why do you think Ms Kate called us here?"

"I don't know. Maybe she wants to tell us about another rehearsal or something? I mean, Internationals has been throwing us some curveballs lately, maybe it's something about that."

"Maybe," he agrees. "Should we see what the others think?" He says, pulling me more towards the rest of A-Troupe.

Of course, they're all calling out and it's impossible to hear anyone. No surprise there. Then Emily and Hunter walk in. I'm confused. If it's supposed to be an A-Troupe meeting, why are they here? They're not on A-Troupe anymore.

"Em, what are you doing here?" I ask as she moves near me.

"Ms Kate didn't tell any of you guys?" Emily says. Now everyone has stopped talking and is looking at her. "We're having a party tonight."

A-Troupe looked around at each other. A party? We haven't all had a party since we were preparing for Regionals. This is going to be so much fun!

Suddenly, Noah and Richelle walk in, and everyone stares at them. "Oh, uh, sorry guys," Noah says, his hand scratching his neck awkwardly. "We were just coming in to rehearse a duet, we didn't know you guys were here."

"Well, stay, guys," West tells them. "This is supposed to be a studio party, so you guys can totally join!"

They look at each other and shrug. I guess they're joining. Cool! Now we have 14 people here: Me, James, Emily, Hunter, West, Eldon, Noah, Richelle, Stephanie, Cierra, Max, Giselle, Thalia, and Michelle. Quite a turnout.

After a little bit of mingling and eating the food that's set out on a little table in the corner, Ms Kate walks in and announces that we're going to be playing some games.

"So," she says as we all sit down on benches and stools in the middle of Studio A. "What game do we want to play?"

"Truth or Dare!" Thalia shouts, and multiple people nod and cheer. There are some who grimace, so they probably have some secrets to hide. Good, now is a perfect time to expose them.

"I'll go first," Stephanie says. No one argues with her, so she proceeds to choose her victim. "Hmmmm, who do I want to pick? Let's see, who was the least exited for this game? I pick...Hunter!"

"Me?" He says. "Fine."

"Truth or dare?" Stephanie asks.

"Uh...truth."

"Great. Now, what do I want to ask you? Oh, I have a good one! Do you still like Emily?"

I can feel Emily tense beside me. She exchanges a look with Hunter, but I'm not exactly sure what it means. Maybe they do still like each other? When they broke up it was really sudden, and for the wrong reasons, but they seemed pretty happy before then. Maybe there's still something there.

"Umm..." I can see Hunter hesitating. Then he looks at Emily again, and it's almost like it's for clarification. She nods, subtlety, but I still notice it. "Yes." he says.

"You do? You really do?" asks Emily. Hunter smiles, and Emily leaves my side and runs toward him, his arms wrapping her in a huge hug.

"Awwwww!" The whole of A-Troupe says, myself included.

"I still like you, too." Emily murmurs. Then they hug again. It might just be the cutest thing I've ever seen!

"Okay, so I get to pick the next person," Hunter states, letting go of Emily, but still keeping hold of her hand. They sit down together as he chooses his person.

"How about Richelle?" Hunter suggests.

"Dare." Richelle says.

"But I didn't even ask," says Hunter.

"But you were going to, so I made your job easier. Just ask me." Typical Richelle, sassy and to-the-point as always.

"Okay. What's a good dare for you?"

"I've got one!" Giselle shouts.

"Cool," says Hunter. "What is it, Giselle?" She walks over to him and whispers it in his ear. She points at Noah and smile. Oh. I should've known it would have something to do with the Studio's insane shipping of Nochelle. I can hear James chuckling beside me and realize he's thinking the same thing I am.

"James," I whisper. "What is we get a second Jiley after this?"

"I hope so. Either way, it's only a matter of time before those two recognize their feelings for each other." What he says is probably true. Anyone can see the way that they look at each other. James and I laugh quietly and start paying attention to the rest of the group.

Hunter smirks and Giselle moves back to her seat beside Cierra. "So, Richelle," he starts. "I dare you......."

"Yes?" She asks.

"To go over to Noah, sit on his lap...and...."

"What, Hunter?" Richelle asks. She's clearly getting really annoyed.

"Kiss him, of course." Hunter says. The rest of the room bursts out laughing.

Richelle's jaw drops. "What? Are you kidding? Why? What is your problem? And what are all of you guys laughing?!" She yells.

Noah looks equally shocked. "Don't I have any say in this?" he asks.

"Of course you do," James says. "But do you really want to be that much of a coward, man? Too afraid to kiss a girl?"

"No," Noah mumbles.

"And Richelle," James continues. "Do you really want to chicken out of a dare? That makes you a coward too, you know."

"I am not a coward!" She yells.

"Kiss him, then!" West shouts, laughing.

Richelle gets a determined look on her face. She gets out of her seat, strolls across the room to where Noah is sitting on the floor, sits in his lap, and kisses him.

To everyone's surprise, he kisses back, and they keep on kissing for like 30 seconds. Awww! "So guys!" I shout, Noah and Richelle finally disconnecting their lips. She does stay in his lap, though. "Is Nochelle a thing now?"

They look at each other, then look back at us. "Yeah," they say at the same time. Then there's another collective "Awww!"

"Great, so now we've picked on Huntmily and Nochelle," Cierra says. "I say we pick on Jiley next!" Oh no.

Author's Note:
There is a Part 2 coming to this story, and it will have a lot of Jiley in it (hope that's okay :)
Thank you to anyone who reads this!