First Date

Hi everybody! This one-shot takes place in my imagination of Season 5, just ignore Noah and Jacquie for the time being. Hope you guys enjoy it!

The door opens and I can't stop staring at her. She is so effortlessly beautiful, I almost can't take it. Her green eyes burn mine as she looks back, and her dress is draped on her skin in a wave of ebony velvet.

"Hi," she says, probably sensing my eyes on her.

I'm so in awe I almost can't speak, but I manage to choke out a simple "Hey."

"So, what exactly are we doing tonight, Noah?" She asks me.

"Just you wait, Richelle. Just you wait." I answer. I have the most amazing night planned, and I can't wait to share it with her. After a moment more of staring, I take her hand lightly and lead her to my car. I open the passenger side door for her—as it's the gentlemen thing to do—and get into the driver's seat myself.

She puts her seatbelt on, smirking to herself slightly.

"What are you thinking about?" I ask.

"Wouldn't you like to know," she says sassily.

"I would actually," I reply.

"You." As soon as she says that, my heart skips a beat. I need to keep it cool tonight, but she's making it so hard. She's just so amazing.

I asked her on this date after months of planning and preparing for it. I couldn't even believe she said yes, but she did, with the same enthusiasm that I had when I asked her. I never would have dreamed that she would like someone like me, but it really seems like she does. And I couldn't be more happy.

When we get nearer to the restaurant, I hear her gasp. "You're taking me here? To my favorite restaurant on earth? How did you even know about it?" She asks, extremely surprised.

I knew she loved this restaurant, it's why I picked it. I wanted our first date to be somewhere that she really enjoyed, so that it will add another happy memory to the restaurant. This is going to be perfect.

I get out of the car first, and once again open her door for her. "Wow, Noah. I'm so exited for this. You really went all out."

"Of course, I did. It's you." I answer, turning towards her.

——————

Richelle's Perspective

I can't believe Noah did all of this for me. I never even expected him to ask me out, but he planned an entire date for me, just because he cares.

"Of course, I did. It's you." He says, and I feel my heat melt.

"Oh, Noah," I say. "You really didn't have to."

"Here," he says, taking my arm. "Let's go in, shall we?"

"Yes," I whisper. "Let's."

First, we go to the desk, and apparently Noah's already reserved a table. The waiter leads us to a quiet booth right at the back of the restaurant, away from everybody else, so it's just us. Me and Noah. I thought that this would never happen, but it is.

"I hope this is okay," he says, unsure of my opinion.

"Yes. It's amazing."

"Good, I'm glad."

We sit on opposite sides of the booth. A waiter soon arrives, and we order our appetizers—bread sticks and spinach dip to share between us.

The waiter leaves, and Noah asks me a question. "So, are you happy, Richelle?"

"More than happy, Noah." I say with a huge smile. "I just can't believe that you would do all of this for me, I mean, I didn't do anything for you, I never even made it known that I like you, but you've set this all up for me—"

I'm cut off when he leans across the table and kisses me. It's amazing. I've dreamed of doing this for years, but I never once thought that it would be this great.

He pulls away after a couple seconds. "How was that for our first kiss?"

I can barely talk. I'm speechless. "It was," I whisper, "the best."

"Richie? Can I tell you something?" He asks, his heart speeding up a little bit.

"Yes," I say.

"I love you." What? He loves me? Before tonight I thought he barely even knew that I existed, and now he's telling me that he loves me? Then I realize something.

"I love you too, Noah." I say. Nothing that I've said has ever felt more true than those words. I love Noah, so much.

He interrupts my thoughts by kissing me once again, and it's even better than the last time. Then he moves over to my side of the table and sits beside me. I lay my head on his shoulder, and think 'nothing could ever be better than this.'