Chapter 15: Letting go

*Warning long and emotional chapter*

The fact that I actually had to wait in line to talk to a blue talking smoking caterpillar was beyond me. I was curious as to what he was saying to Alice but even more so what he was planing to say to me. Although at this point I don't think anything else could surprise me.

I jumped when I saw Alice walk quickly away from the location her and Absalom talked and escaped my view before I could even call out to her.

"Well that didn't seem like it went well." I muttered to myself

Go to him

My mothers voice whispered in my head. I rolled my eyes and started walking towards the cloud of smoke. Which was annoying cause it was nighttime as well and hard to see already.

Through the smoke I finally came upon the drugged up caterpillar and sighed deeply

"Can I help you?" Was his first question

I squinted at him
"Your the one who wanted to see me. By the way whatever you said to Alice royally peeved her off."
He was silent for a moment and blew a ring of smoke in my face causing a cough fit.

"Stupid girls." He said finally "not knowing who you are. Especially you. The last one. The offspring of the Bowstring."

I scoffed
"What does that even mean? Last one? Last of what!? You said that when I first arrived here and obviously I'm not the last one. Because for some odd reason I thought me and my mother were the only ones left of our family! Hell we might as well should of been because in just a few days I've found out I have two crazy aunts, one eviler then the other, and my mother is some magical being and a princess! Amd now I'm here screaming at a damn caterpillar who smokes more then the grounds keeper where I live and has the nerve to call me-"
I shouted in pain clutching my head as once again memories tried to push on through. It was more intense then it's ever been and tears of pain welded in my eyes.

Absalom voice however talked in my ear

"You take your anger out on me because you refuse to learn what you are. And who you are to become. Alice is almost Alice. But the bow must also earn her string." He puffed a cloud of smoke into the air once more and continued "Your existence trembles in this world because this is where you are meant to be, but there is a wall. A wall that you have built up to protect yourself when there need not be protecting That is so thick that you cannot even say your name out loud anymore can you?"

I was stunned to silence at his accusations that I stared at him momentarily ignoring the throbbing of my head.

I looked down letting a tear fall off my cheek
"I just want to go home." I whispered rubbing my eyes.

"This is home."

I looked up shocked to see none other then my mothers form next to the smoking caterpillar and by his sideways glance at her he could see her too. I was frozen in shock as she floated towards me like a phantom. She was dressed how I first saw her in my dreams but this time I knew I was awake.

"My darling." She started resting the ghost of her hands on my shoulders "I know the amount of rage you have towards everything. Who you are. And who you will become. And the things I've had to keep from you. I'm so sorry my love."

I let out a sob bowing my head
"I don't know who I am and I don't know if I want to know anymore. You taught me the beauty of not being normal." I looked up at her "but in this place I've wanted nothing more to be just that."

"Up there you are as much different as you are down here sweetheart." Her hand rested on my cheek. "Everyone is a little different. Normal is not a thing. However this world. The world you should of grew up in, you have love here. More then you ever will up there. And you and I both know you must fight for it."