Chapter 10: Melodies and the best people

3rd Pov

As day turned into night once more in the kingdom of hearts and all of Underland, time seemed to completely stop for the lonely Hatter (more then usual), as he tried to distract himself with his trade, but found himself distracted by... other things.

All his life the only time Tarrant Hightop ever felt love was towards his friends and his family. He didn't know when he met the silver haired girl if love was the first thing he felt. But in the few days he has known her, something was developing that felt oddly similar.

He hated when he saw her tear up. He hated seeing her hurt. The thought of her in those shackles forever made him sick.
However something in his chest fluttered when that frowned turned into a soft smile. When her braided hair had some loose strands that would cast gently over her purple eyes. The laugh that some might find slightly insane, but was music to his ears. Her kindness and wise words that comforted him in these situations.

He didn't know if that was love. Or true love for that matter. But he does know that it was increasingly bothersome to him her current behavior since the mention of the Lunar Queen.

It should be fairly obvious why she was upset, since former queen sharing the name of her mother, however that was the only similarity... right?

No matter, he wanted to lighten the mood.

The only sound was of the sewing machines and the stitching of thread. Oh and Annie's humming to herself lost in thought.

Tarrant stopped and just stared at the back of her head perplexed of what to do. I mean what much can he do? He was chained up to a table forced to be a slave for bloody big head.

"Sounds like those dances your mother use to make up Annie."

Dancing!

Tarrant glances to his right to see an old record player that looks to be collecting dust and hadn't been touched in years. Probably some old thing the queen stole among many other things, for no reason at all. And now here it was noting be used.

In till now of coarse.

Smiling to himself he had to very much strain himself to get to the player, but was able to turn it on, and move the needle onto the dusty record that was already set to play.

Tarrant was expecting something more up best to be quite honest but the melody that flooded from its speakers was enough to create a different kind of atmosphere. It was slow but soothing.

Annie furrowed her brows slightly jumping when the music started playing not expecting the silence to be broken so quick.
She whipped around and glanced between the playing record and the smug looking man before her.

In a rather dramatic fashion, the hatter bowed to her holding out a hand

"May I have this dance my lady?"

Annie couldn't suppress her giggles finding it hard to take this man seriously, especially in the get up he was wearing. Tarrant smiled in victory hearing that laugh and seeing the smile once more.

Annie sighed mocking a curtsy back

"It would be my honor Mr. Hightopp."

Tarrant beamed and walked over, tentatively pulling a hand on her waist, pulling her close. A blush came to bother their faces, and Tarrant took her delicate hand in hers, and they glided across the floor as much as their chains would let them, laughing to themselves as they did so.

They laughed and did more then just slow dance. Hatter would dip her and sometimes they'd switch it up and he'd be the girl. Sometimes they'd do some weird dance moves to the slow music. But one thing that stayed frequent was they were always pulling each other close.