Chapter 2: Down the hole

I really hope I wasn't dreaming. Or dead. Or anything else. Because what I was seeing was utterly impossible and filled me with such wonder I had no words.

I could hear my best friends screaming ahead of me as we fell deeper and deeper into the whole passing by things like pots and books and more junk. It flew up while we went down. Curious.

I could see Alice bumping into things trying to grab anything to stop from falling as I simply excepted it enjoying the fall a little.

"ALICE STOP FIGHTING!"

Her screams were my answer. Suddenly I bumped into the side of a wall of dirt and I was sent spinning down faster till I fell into her. We gripped each other falling as a piano neared us and... started playing on its own.

We bounced off a bed and it caused me to let out a yelp.

Our fall was stopped as we can crashing through a ceiling a I rolled off her onto the ground panting slightly. That was certainly a rush. We sat up and looked at each other confused.

Our hair was sticking upwards.

I glanced to the center to see a chandelier upwards as well. How odd?

And impossible.

That's when the room decided to reverse itself and we fell onto the actual ground this time.

"Ugh are we done falling?" I groaned sitting up with now a splitting headache.

Alice sat up and glared daggers at me
"Why on earth did you push me in Annie?!"

I shrugged standing up and wiping off my dress

"The voice in my head told me to."

She stood up as well
"Haha very funny."

"I'm serious a voice told me too."

She rolled her eyes and looked around at the room of several doors.
"One of these have to open somewhere." She muttered starting to go door to door seeing if one of them opened.

As for me I looked around the room curiously. Everything felt so... familiar. Even if we just fell 100 feet through a rabbit hole into a strange room I felt... safe.

I glanced at the glass table in middle of the room and saw a key on it.

"Hey." Alice turned to me and I tossed her the key "try that."

Alice went to door to door once agin trying all the doors but not a single one opened.

I started walking around hopping I'd find some answer, when I pushed back the large red curtain and looked down to see a tiny door.

"Alice give me the key."

She hurried over, handed it to me and to my surprise when I put it in it opened. I stuck my head through hearing birds and the rustle of wild life but I couldn't see much.

"Well now what." I muttered coming back inside and the door closed.

Alice glanced at the table once more and eyes a bottle that had appeared on it. We got up, walked towards it and she picked it up putting the key down.

"Drink me."

To my surprise she uncorked it admittedly and took a swing

"Alice! And I thought I was the senseless one! That could be poison for all we-"

My words were cut off when suddenly she coughed and she got... smaller. And smaller and smaller till she was hidden under her dress.

I looked shock and hesitated before pulling her dress away and thankful that her under skirts at least shrunk with her.

"Come on now your turn!"

I sighed before taking the bottle and taking a swig myself. I felt an odd tinkle all around my body before the room got large and my dress bigger as I shrunk down to the size of a mouse. Once again thanking god for my lavender under skirts to also shrink clinking loosely to my body.

Alice and I ran to the door but to our dismay it was locked. And the key was on the table.

"Oh that's just great. Seriously we didn't grab the bloody key!"

Alice ran over to the table and tried jumping to get it. I shook my head annoyed at the whole situation we've put ourselves in

"You'd think she remember from the last time."

"You've brought the wrong Alice! And some random girl!"

"She's the right one I'm sure of it."

I whipped around towards the door again hearing the voices. Wasn't like the voice from before these one sounded quite close. I peered into the key hole but saw no one.

"What is going on..." I whispered to myself.

However I heard a strange rumble behind me and I turned around to see my best friend getting larger by the second, so large that she barely fit into the room.

I ran up to her large foot.

"What on earth did you do!" I shouted

"I ate a cake!"

"Well what was bloody in it?!"

She didn't answer me but quickly grabbed the key, and took a swing from the shrinking liquid again till she and I were equal height once more.

We ran over to the door and it felt like eternity before she slipped the key in and pushed the door open.

Went I stepped in I was hit with a large amount of déjà vu. However there was no way in heck that I could of possibly ever been in a place such as this.

Color was everywhere but the sky was cloudy and gloomy, I didn't know if it was because we were so huge, but flowers as big as trees and some with... faces on them? Covered the earth. Slowly we walked down the moss covered steps into this curious world.

Insects that didn't look like real insects flew past us. A large green spotted pig almost ran us down.

My heart was pounding in my chest and my eyes were wide in amazement.

This couldn't be real.

Suddenly we were stopped in our tracks when we came face to face with a odd bunch of beings. Or should I saw animals?

"I told you she was the right Alice!"