Chapter 9

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.
"Huh!?! You're telling me some creep bothered (Y/N)!?" Katie questioned while pulling me closer to her in an overprotective manner.

"He ran off after I interfered." Reki mumbled, Langa glanced at me for a split second while thinking to himself 'Another- Her (e/c) eyes seems a little red and swollen.. was she crying?' He clenched his fists without even realizing how much pressure he was putting on the broom he was holding.

"Great... there's more flies." Miya added, then smirked mockingly at me "Bet you just stood there and smiled politely at him."

Reki abruptly shook his head and said "Actually, No! (Y/N) elbowed him nd punched-."
"She did what!? (Y/N)-Chan ish growing up... my baby ish growing up!" Katie said while excitedly shaking me.

Langa eyes hardened at the word 'Him'. He thought to himself 'So it's a male...'

"What were you doing out anyway?" Miya questioned me while cocking his head to the side with a raised brow. "I was skating... well.. at least trying to..." I mumbled out, Katie eyes seemed to shine brightly at my words.

"Who was the guy?" Joe questioned, while crossing his arms.
"He was an old classmate of mine..." I mumbled out, earning a stare from Katie.
"Who exactly?" She questioned, her gaze sharpening.
"R-Ren!" I lied, in which she just sighed.

Reki stared at me suspiciously 'Why'd she lie? I managed to catch his name in their conversation.. it's Daku..' he thought to himself.

"Okay! We need to worry about Langa right now!" I blurted out, in which Langa blushed slightly at my statement and everyone decided to come up with a plan and give advice.

-
Daku's P.O.V.
"Who the hell was that redhead back there.."
I looked up ahead to see an annoying friend "Hey dude, did something happen? You seem more pissed than usual." He questioned with a sly grin.

"It's nothing to you." I spat back, leaning against a nearby tree.
"You know, if you keep on fighting your emotions.. you're gonna end up alone... it'll eventually break you." He added.
I huffed in annoyance "What are you? My mom?"
"Why, Yes- WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOUR FACE!?!" He yelled out once getting a clear view of my face, making a scene.
"Shut the hell up, Ren." I Said while glaring at him, who seemed unbothered.
"Did you get into a fight with the mafia or something? That's an ugly bruise there.." he added while touching my cheek.

"Screw off! Tch.. (Y/N).." I said while slapping his hand away.
"(Y/N)?? Wait, was she the one that did that to you!? Must suck getting hit by-." I cut him off by saying "Shut up, I'll get back at her."

"You mean by owning up to your emotions and by con-." I cut him off again.
"What I do is none of your business."
"Okay, rude. But since you don't seem to care, I'll ask her out."
"Do whatever you want. I don't care." Those words stung.

Ren just sighed at my behavior and muttered "Dumbass." I glared at him, who just smirked mockingly my way.

-

"What do you mean the police is coming!? Is it because of me!? What if Daku reported me!?" I panicked, earning a smack on my head from Katie. "(Y/N) chill! The problem isn't you, someone must have leaked information about 'S'..." Katie said reassuringly.
"Wait- Daku? Wasn't it Ren?" She questioned, causing me to freeze. "U-Um... okay! It was Daku b-But please don't rage-." I stopped myself once seeing Katie's expression darken, causing me to shiver.

"It's fine! You even managed to land in some punches, in which he deserves." Katie spat back a little harsh, recalling Daku from middle school. "I'm proud of ya! And don't worry, he wouldn't report you to the cops." She said reassuringly.