What are these feelings?

Quick note:

What's Hanahaki Disease?

Hanahaki disease is a disease where the victim suffers from a one sided love where the victim begins to vomit up petals and flowers from a flower plant growing in their lungs which eventually grow large enough to render breathing impossible causing the victim to die. The only treatments are if the victims feelings are returned or they could get surgery to remove the flower however if done so the now cured patients feelings for the person that caused them to have the disease would disappear along with certain memories of their time together.

Other symptoms can be fever, uncontrollable shaking, loss of appetite, low body temperature, and hallucinations. Even after curing, with or without surgery, there can be irreversible damage to the lungs and, although very rare, in some cases the disease cannot be cured.

.

..

...

..

.

Kageyama had been attending Karasuno for a couple of months now however hadn't begun attending the school's volleyball club practices yet even though he had signed up at the start of his first year. He was still traumatized from his previous middle school team abandoning him calling him an unruly king. Therefore became overwhelmed by the presence of a volleyball team. But one day around 3 months after school had started he mustered up the courage and strength to take his first steps into the school's Volleyball gym. When he took one step inside all attention was drawn to him. The whole club was there and had stopped temporarily to stare at him. A short orange haired boy ran up to him and said.

"Hey you're in my class what are you doing here"

"I-I signed up at the start of the year but I was hesitant to take part in practice till now"

A dark haired boy who looked like a third year walked over to them.

"My name's Daichi you must be Kageyama"

"How do you know my name"

"We received your applicant form at the start of the year and you were the only one who hadn't showed up till now anyways what position you play"

"Setter"

"Well Kageyama nice to meet you I'm the captain of them team anyways go grab a volleyball and start practicing I want to see what you're capable of"

Kageyama went to the side of the gym and grabbed a volleyball and positioned himself in front of the net ready to set the ball to whoever was there. He didn't want his time in Karasuno to end up like his middle school and through the past 3 months he'd been going through therapy and trying to control his anger issues to bring his skills to a whole new level and his attitude to improve. Hoping all his hard work would take effect. One by one his new team mates came up to the net ready to spike the ball. And when they did the ball was tossed perfectly into the palms of their hands since Kageyama had aligned his shots with absolute precision. A grey haired boy around the same height as their captain walked over to him and calmly said.

"Your sets are incredible you have some undeniable talent"

"Thanks and who are you"

"Oh sorry I'm Sugawara, vice captain I'm also a setter"

"Right well I'm going to continue practicing now"

Previously he had been setting to Hinata (the orange haired short middle blocker), Tanaka (An almost bold, second year wing spiker with too much energy) and Daichi (their captain). And now they were swapping over so now Kageyama would start setting with a new set of people Asahi (Their large ace who looked big and strong but secretly is a softy), Tsukishima (A tall middle blocker who's speciality was blocking) and finally Sugawara (Karasuno's official setter).

As the new rotations started Kageyama had to memorize a new set of tosses since every individual person had a preference to the height the volleyball was tossed to the distance from the net it was tossed etc. Although memorising everyone's different types of sets would normally seem impossible to memorize everyone's individual playing styles although Kageyama was an exception who had, had years of training preparing for moments like these. He had finished setting a single set to both Asahi and Sugawara mastering their playing styles almost immediately lastly he was about to set to Tsukishima. He was a tall blonde haired boy with glasses. Tsukishima ran up to the net and Kageyama tossed a remarkable set which was completely flawless. As Tsukishima got back to the ground he stared at the setter wide eyes.

"Hey Kageyama was it?"

"hmm. . .oh yeah"

"That was a great set"

Kageyama looked back up at the tall blonde and smiled slightly blushing. Kageyama could feel his heart rate plummet and he felt his body go warmer. He looked into Tsukishima's eyes which looked at him with a comforting gaze.

"Thanks"

"Hey umm Kageyama could I talk to you at the back of the school please but after schools over"

Kageyama nodded butterflies going through his stomach. He didn't understand what he was feeling. He'd only just met the guy although compared to the others in the gym something seemed different about the blonde haired middle blocker. He seemed special somehow even though they had barely spoken. He didn't understand what he was feeling. Maybe it was that he was just overly happy he had been complimented for his hard work. Or was it something else. Nevertheless he shook the thought out his head and tried to clear his mind to get back to setting the Volleyballs.

After Practice Kageyama and the rest of the boys got changed from their sports kits to their normal school uniforms and headed to class as normal. The rest of the day ran smoothly everyone attended their classes, then Kageyama decided to sit with his new volleyball teammates as they gossiped all throughout break and lunch. And finally the final bell of the day rang through everyone's ears as they all got up from their seats ready to finally exit school after a long day. Although when Kageyama got outside the building he just remembered Tsukishima had wanted to talk to him behind the school at the end of the day. He walked nervously over to the back of the building and there waiting was the blonde haired middle blocker. Kageyama walked up to him cautiously. 

"Umm Hey what did you want to talk about"

"I'm sorry heads up this may be a sensitive subject for you but I just wanted to talk to you about it"

A chill ran down Kageyama's spine as he started rubbing his fingers together nervously and taking in a deep breath preparing himself for what was to come.

"So umm Kageyama I thought I recognised you the first time you set foot in the gym. You're THE Kageyama Tobio right, the one known as King of the court from middle school"

Kageyama started to tense up getting brief flashbacks every now and then. Cold sweat dripped from his forehead as he tried not to break down there and then. Kageyama responded trying his hardest to make his voice as less shaky as he possibly could.

"H-how do y-you know a-about that"

"Sorry I just remember one day going to one of your matches unfortunately thought it was THE match the one where you broke down and your teammate left you and started laughi. . ."

Tsukishima's words were cut short when he realised something was wrong. Kageyama had started hyperventilating. He clutched his chest heaving heavily. He coughed as blood came dripping out his mouth. Tsukishima gasped as he wrapped his arms around Kageyama's back. 

"We need to get you to a doctor"

Kageyama shook his head defiantly. 

"No"

More blood came spattering out as his vision became a blur. 

"N-no I j-just need K-kiyoko"

Then before he could mutter out another word he collapsed.