Why flowers?

Kiyoko's screamed filled the entire house even causing the boys in the other room to flinch at the sudden noise. They instinctively ran over to the bathroom door and started banging on it. "Hey Kageyama, Kiyoko open up we're getting worried" Tsukishima cried panickily.

"U. .Uhh we're good." Kiyoko replied

Hinata looked at Yamaguchi then at Tsukishima with a frightened expression resting on his small face.

The doors flung open and out came Kageyama and Kiyoko. As Kageyama was walking out the bathroom his fists were clenched into a fist and it almost looked like he was holding something    . . . no Hiding something. Hinata walked up to him slowly building up tension between everyone in the room as he wrapped his arms around Kageyama comfortingly. This made Kageyama happy as he hugged Hinata as well before backing away. "Umm guys I think me and Kiyoko should go we have a family gathering later today and we don't want to be tired later so bye" Kageyama said. And with that Kageyama and Kiyoko grabbed their stuff and in a blink of an eye they were gone. They both left leaving the three of them standing there, mouths open, gawking.

Outside Tsukishima's house

Kiyoko grabbed her cousins shoulders and forced him to face her in the eyes. "What the hell was that" She said, her voice trembling.

"I-I don't know. . . buy why flowers?" Kageyama questioned back.

"Why are you asking that so casually aren't you worried"

"I am b-but I'm used to hiding my emotions anyways so"

Kiyoko looked at Kageyama with a sad expression and dragged him all the way to her house. She walked him over to her bedroom and sat him down in front on her on the bed. She was standing in front of him. She had this intimidating aura envelope her as she stood towering over the boy. She wiped her phone out her pocket and searched on the web.

What does it mean if you start coughing up petals and flowers covered in blood?

The internet came up with a single answer which lay on her phone giving her instant terror which could be seen by the way she had started shaking. "K-Kiyoko are you okay w-what's wrong w-why are you s-shaking" Kageyama without a second thought reached out and grabbed Kiyoko's hand preventing her from trembling. "Please tell me what's wrong" He cried.

"Kageyama I searched online about what disease or illness or what's causing you to vomit flowers and only one answer came up"

"W-what is it"

"Kageyama you have Hanahaki disease"

Kageyama's heart skipped a beat as he started to sweat. "Wait what" Kageyama asked a slight terror could be heard in his voice. "I've heard of that before b-but only in movies. The one were the victim suffers from a one sided love and their airways get clogged up with flowers till they die". Realization struck Kageyama as he realised what Hanahaki was and that he did in fact have it. "Kiyoko what do I do?" Kageyama's pulse got faster and faster. The only thing stopping him from collapsing was his cousin who was clutching onto his hand. His cousin who had always been there comforting him throughout his entire life.

"It'll be okay, we can sort this out. First of all who's your crush" Kiyoko asked. Kageyama was hesitant to tell her feeling like she'd make fun of him if he told her but realised this was Kiyoko he was talking to and she would never do that.

"It's Tsukishima" Kageyama said cautiously while looking around to make sure nobody was in the room.

"Okay this should be simple just tell him you like him and if he accepts you great and if he denies you the get the surgery"

"Kiyoko you make it sound a lot easier than it is" Kiyoko looked at Kageyama with a confused glance.

"What do you mean"

"W-well umm. . . Doesn't matter it's just confessing isn't as easy as you say" Kageyama said although that wasn't what was going through his mind.

Kageyama knew deep down inside it was no problem confessing. But what was troubling him was that it didn't matter to him whether or not Tsukishima would return his feeling or not because even if Tsukishima denied his feeling he still wouldn't get the surgery. Deep down inside he knew he'd die if he didn't get it but he didn't care. He didn't want to get rid of his feelings.

After a couple of minutes of silence Kageyama said his goodbye to Kiyoko and walked off home by himself. He still had a lot he wanted to say to her but couldn't bring himself to look into Kiyoko's sad worried eyes any longer, because it pained him to see her so concerned in his problems.

When he got home he slumped on his bed and made a plan for the next day in his notebook. It read.

Okay Tomorrow I will
- At volleyball practice confess to Tsukishima (please like me back)
- report back to Kiyoko
-I don't know rest. . .

Kageyama took a deep breath and closed his notebook before closing his eyes while lying on his bed and before no time at all fell asleep.

The next day he woke up with the sun blinding him as he remembered he had forgotten to close the curtains last night. "Fuck, damn it that's bright" he screeched. He hoisted himself out of bed and sighed. "Well I guess today I'm confessing to Tsukishima"