He could never love me

Kageyama tried retracing his steps back out the maze of trees but failed miserably and flopped onto the floor sitting knees tucked to his chest like before and closed his eyes trying to pretend like nothing has happened. And that he was okay when in fact he knew it was just a lie. He was trying to lie to himself saying everything was going to be okay. Then he heard a scream come from somewhere in the distance. He followed the noise until he found himself out the Forrest and before him stood Hinata teary eyed leaping to his best friend hugging him tightly.

"Kags never scare me like that again. I thought something bad happened to you"

"Boke why were you screaming?"

"I-I thought if I screamed loud enough you'd hear me and come to me and I guess I was right"

Kageyama smiled and stoked his fingers through the tangerines hair. He wanted to feel happy but that days events kept looming back and strangling the only happiness he had left and concealing it away.

"Hey Kags come have a sleepover with me, you can tell me everything that happened I'm here for you"

Kageyama didn't really feel like having a sleepover but he thought maybe it wasn't such a bad idea. "You know what let's have some fun, sure" Kageyama's reply made Hinata smile as he dragged Kageyama to his house.

When they got there Hinata showed Kageyama to his room and they both sat upon Hinata's big double bed which was in the centre of his bedroom.

"So Kageyama what happened"

Kageyama took a deep breath and told his best friend the entire story starting with his crush on Tsukishima, having Hanahaki all the way to Tsukishima asking out Yamaguchi.

Hinata's face as the story went on got sadder and sadder. Kageyama almost didn't want to tell the whole story to save him from worrying. But he had to.

Once Kageyama had finished telling the story Hinata whipped out his phone leaving Kageyama confused. "Boke what are you doing"

"I'm texting that stupid blonde haired bean pole and I'm going yell at his stupid face" Kageyama heard Hinata's phone ring he looked at the phone to see he was calling Tsukishima. Kageyama leaned forward to try and end the call but failed miserably as Tsukishima answered the call.

"Heyyy you stupid faced blonde beanpole" Hinata yelled in a rage.

"Hinata what are you doing, end the call" Kageyama yelled"

Tsukishima's face looked hurt by the words "Don't call me that you midget anyways what do you want"

"Well Kageyama wants to tell you something"

Kageyama was now riled up as he snatched the phone away from Hinata as he said to his crush "I-I u-uhhh it's nothing Hinata was just messing around"

Tsukishima could clearly see from his phone that Kageyama was blushing and stuttering. On the other end of the line this made Tsukishima happy. He'd never seen the king like that before. It made him even more excited to for-fill his mission (you'll have to wait and see what his mission is)

Tsukishima added "well King it was nice seeing you I've got to go now see you at practice" tsukishima left the call.

After hearing Tsukishima's calm voice the setter felt more relaxed even though deep down inside him he knew that he loved Yamaguchi as he thought to himself 'He loves Yamaguchi not me I don't even stand a chance'. Well that's what Kageyama thought anyways. . .