Confession time

Kageyama got ready for his day and went straight to the school gym ready for early morning practice. When he got there he was one of the first to arrive. The others who had arrived were: Hinata, Daichi, Ennoshita and Tsukishima. Kageyama had the urge to walk up to Tsukishima right there and then and confess but his nerves stopped him from taking another step. Instead he planned to confess during lunch.

Over the next 10 minutes the rest of the club members arrived one by one until everyone had arrived and they begun practicing. This time they were all working on their serves which Kageyama was proud to say he was pretty good at.

As time went by practice ended followed by class, break and more classes until at last the time had come and lunch was upon them. Kageyama knew he had to confess this very lunch because he knew deep down inside in this moment it was either now or never. He knew he had to do it this lunch or he'd never be able to build up the courage again. He got up from his desk in the classroom and walked over to Tsukishima's classroom but when he got there he noticed he had already gone off somewhere as he was nowhere to be found.

Kageyama walked away from the classroom and wandered the hallways and rooms of the school until he heard Tsukishima's voice coming from the Volleyball Gym changing rooms and it sounded like he was talking to Yamaguchi the two of them alone. Kageyama crept his way to the changing room door which was locked and pressed one of his ears against the door listening to every word.

"I know this is sudden and this might come of a surprise but. . ."

"Tsuki is something wrong"

"No nothing is wrong but I-I really like you"

Kageyama's heart sank as he drooped onto the floor clutching his heart which was sinking. Then he continued to listen feeling obligated to know what was going to happen.

"Wait Tsuki y-you love me"

"Yes I do. . . do you like me back, and will you be my boyfriend"

Kageyama's eyes started watering as tears streamed down his cheeks. He wanted to sob so loudly that the whole world could hear. He wanted to scream, and shout out all his pain. But he knew in this moment he most definitely couldn't. Then what he heard broke his heart even more.

"I love you too Tsuki"

Kageyama ran off sobbing and hiding behind the school sitting down with his knees tucked tightly to his chest. His head down crying. His tears just kept coming down, it felt to him like it was never going to end.

He then couldn't help himself he wanted to scream, he felt like screaming, he had to. The pain was welling up inside and he needed to release it. Without much thought he screamed louder than he had ever before. He wailed so loud everyone in the school could hear but he didn't care. Instead of running away he remained. He felt like a mess but shrugged it off.

A couple of minutes went by and the bell rang to signal the end of lunch. But Kageyama stood still not moving a muscle. He didn't care if he got a detention for skipping school. Nothing mattered to him anymore. He now knew Tsukishima could never love him because he loved Yamaguchi. Kageyama didn't care what happened to him from now on because he concluded he was going to die anyways.

He shot up from his spot leaving a puddle of his tears on the ground. He then walked out the school gates and ran. He didn't know where he was running to or where he was planning to go but he just ran. Far, Far away where nobody could find him. He ran into the woods loosing sight of the school and his town. He kept running further and further away until. . . He lost track on where he was. He was surrounded by trees of all the same shape and size. Surrounded by grass and flowers, there were no paths or indications of directions all he knew was that he was lost.