Ch.17

The spelling might actually be horrible I was rushing to get this out 😤💕

2 months after the project was assigned
Friday

Zion's POV.

We had gotten to class and Mrs. Wilma already had the order of who would present first.

Somehow the rest of our class heard our idea of recording the project and they did it too. Not only that but they tried to throw it in our face like we gave a damn.

It was just an idea- a simple one at that.

"Group one."

"We where assigned French Manor- the name was very deceiving." The girl rolled her eyes.

"As you can see the area is not okay, there is helpless children all around-look at that one...he's cutting the grass. And that one." She pointed at two old people talking on there porch.

"They need a Tofundme or something."
They ranted about everything then let the short five minute video play.

That's how all the other groups went also even when the neighborhood was upscale they explained why it was better then other places not how the people worked together.

"Mkay." Miss Wilma sighed group 14 your up.

That was us the final group.

"Okay! We got MC- well Mendoza courts. And don't worry we wrote an essay but everything is put into this movie like video we made so we'll let it- us do the talking."

"Coby hold the ***** camera straight." Serena was heard as soon as the video came on.

"Girl watch yo mouth that's why it was already recording." He smacked his teeth .

"Whatever count."

"3...2...1"

"Hey I'm Sarena Myers. And I'm Zion Monroe. And we're at Mendoza Courts basketball center. "  they said finnaly getting it right.

It cut to the people playing basketball and then earl and bennies speeches.

The class actually listen and laughed when Benny and earl interacted.

Next was the restaurant and the football game.

A few "damn we should go's" and "oo that looked good" and can't forget "she plays damn near better than me." Where heard.

Once again they listened to Mario's speech- could half of them relate? HELL NO but it was a step in the right direction.

"Hey y'all! Right now we are out side of the library aka mrs. Mandy's house. We do have an actually library but no one goes because the folk who run it are...  don't care about the type of people that live in this area. Come on I'll give y'all a tour." The video played

"Hey old lady!"

"I'm not old!"