Congrats on the engagement!

Damian was taking Marinette out on a date and hopefully he could propose to her this time.

He had tried multiple times to propose but he could never find the right moment.

When Marinette came down from their room all dressed up Damian blushed. Marinette looked gorgeous. She put on a cute red dress with a square neckline, three quarter sleeves that ended in cuffs, and a knee-length tulle skirt.

They had known each other since they were children when Talia took Damian on a mission to Paris and Marinette crashed into him. Marinette apologized but Damian just scoffed at her

Marinette glared at him because it was clearly an accident and yet here he was being rude to her.

Marinette just shoved him as she walked past him. When she got home she told her mother about the encounter she had with Damian.

Sabine told Marinette to not worry about it and that if she ever ran into him to just ignore him.

Two days later Marinette ran into Damian again. She didn't listen to what her mom had told her and asked Damian if he had a problem with her and why was he so rude.

Damian of course told her to mind her own business but Marinette was determined to make Damian her friend and find out why he was the way he was.

Damian walked away but Marinette kept following him and pestering him. He finally yelled at her asking why she was following and annoying him. Marinette of course told him that she wanted to be his friend.

Damian thought that if he agreed then Marinette would leave him alone. So he agreed to be Marinette's friend and that was the start of a beautiful friendship.

Damian grabbed Marinette by the waist and pulled her in for a kiss and Marinette while shocked wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back.

After some time they stopped kissing only to find out they had gained an audience. Marinette turned red but Damian just glared at his family .

Alfred offered to drive them to their date but Damian politely declined saying that he wanted to drive Marinette himself.

When they got to the French restaurant before Marinette could sit down Damian was already pulling her chair out so she could sit and when she sat down Damian pushed her chair in.

Damian was nervous so he started to fiddle with the box that had the ring inside. He wanted everything to be perfect he wanted to cherish this memory forever.

The waitress came by and asked if they wanted anything to drink Marinette ordered a water and Damian ordered a glass of champagne

When the waiter came back with their drinks Damian was getting ready to propose to Marinette.

Right when he was going to start his speech that he had memorized the waiter came by again and asked if they wanted anything to eat.

Marinette ordered Coq au vin and Damian ordered Quiche Lorraine

Once the waiter took their orders Damian started to prepare himself he opened his mouth to start talking but Marinette interrupted him by telling him how beautiful the restaurant was. Damian of course agreed with her but his mind was thinking of something else.

Finally, Damian found the correct moment to propose so he started his speech that he had practiced.

"Marinette when we first met I was a rude kid but you insisted on becoming my friend you continued being my friend even after finding out that I was an assassin you knew when I became robin and along the years my feelings grew for you I fell in love with you and you returned these feelings. What I'm trying to say is Marinette, will you marry me?".

When he looked up he saw Marinette in tears and just as he was about to ask her if she was okay she said those words he wanted to hear "yes Damian I will marry you". Delighted Damian stood up and put the ring on her finger and spun Marinette around laughing and crying. He put Marinette down only for Marinette to bring him in for a kiss.

Of course, everyone in the restaurant noticed and clapped once everything was done. Once they finished kissing they sat back down and stared at each other with love in their eyes.

When the server came over with their food they thanked her and she congratulated them on their engagement. Marinette and Damian finished their food. And were collecting their stuff to get into the car when people swarmed them to congratulate them, they thanked everyone but Damian was getting annoyed he just wanted to take his beloved home and cuddle with her.

On their way to the manor, they saw something had happened and stopped to see.

Worst mistake they have ever made

Word count: 817

Wow that's the longest thing I have written so far