Chapter 1

MONDAY, AROUND NOOD

Tyler's POV

"Study partners?" I turn then lean over the chair to see the desk behind me, waiting for the half asleep Nick to respond. I don't know why I even bother asking, we're always partners, I know he's going to say yes. He gave me a thumbs up and a slight huff then drifted back into his haze. I laughed a little as I turned around, returning my focus to the teacher who was still rambling about who or who didn't invent the microscope. As the class came to an end I turned around once more, but this time I threw the first pencil I found on Nick's desk directly at him. He quickly lifted his head up and acted as though he wasn't just having the best sleep of his life. He looked around the class to see the seats around him all empty.

"Lunch?" I shook my head and let out a little chuckle, Nick is cute when he's clueless. "I slept through a whole class, you have to admit that's pretty impressive." He said standing up, giving me a nudge.

"Sure, because taking notes and, you know, actually passing the class isn't." I said with annoyance in my voice but Nick and I both knew it was a joke. "What do you want to do for lunch? I'm pretty sure the other boys on the team are gonna go get Wendy's, if we leave now we can catch up."

"I just want to be left alone right now. I don't want to be in a big group or anything." Nick says as he opens his lockers to put his things away.

"Nick, you're constantly around people, you love being around people. What do you mean you don't want to be in a big group right now?" Nick shrugged and tried changing the subject.

"My dad has a couple extra tickets to a basketball game, want to-"

"Nick Danforth Evans, Oh yes I just used your full name, what's wrong?" I ask, almost cornering him into his locker.

"I'll talk to you about it later... I promise." Nick says rolling his eyes and pushing me out of his way. I'm worried about him, I have no clue what's going on with him.

------

Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes or errors. Hope you like it :)