Chapter 6

Nicks POV

If I'm being completely honest, I had every intention to go to Tyler's house. Show up at his front door and tell him about everything. Tell him that Carrie and I broke up, tell him how I feel about him, tell him that I hope he feels the same way about me. I just didn't, something needed to be done before I could talk to Tyler. "Dad? Are you home?" I ask as I walk into the house.

"Only me" Chad answers as he walks into the room where I'm standing, "how was school?"

"I'm gay." I quickly threw my hand over my mouth realizing what I had said.

"I was expecting a 'hey dad, my day was good' but if you want to start greeting each other like that I'm cool with it."

I let out a slight chuckle, "um, I'm sorry I just- I needed to talk to someone about it that's not Carrie."

"Tyler? You like him more than just a friend right?" He began to walk towards the couch, "come on, let's talk about it then."

"Yeah. I just- I've never felt like this before but one day I looked at him but instead of just thinking of him as my best friend I thought of him as more. I want him to be more. I don't even know if he's gay!" Chad raps his arm around me.

"Your dad didn't know I was gay, I was the biggest jock at school. I didn't know I liked him until-"

"A game of baseball, I know dad."

"It might seem scary to think about, but you have to tell him. Yeah you might lose him but you also might get something better out of it. You never know, he might be gay too."

"Who might be gay too?" We both turn around to see Ryan home from work. "Are you okay Nick, you look like you have been crying."

Before I had a chance to say something Chad stepped in, "Nick and I were just talking about some school stuff."

"I'm gay." I said quietly.

"Oh honey I know," Ryan added.

"We were talking about Tyler. I don't know if he's gay but I need to tell him I am to figure out if he is, you know?"

"Nick, honey, he is." I looked at him wide eyed then at Chad. "I was closeted for all of high school and I'm the gayest and gays. I have a fantastic gaydar." All of us burst out laughing. "I'm glad you told us you were Nick, we will accept you no matter what."

"Bi, I'm not gay I'm bi. Just letting you know. Um can I-" I pointed at the door and they both Immediately knew what I wanted to do.

"Of course." Ryan says while Chad just nodded. 

------

Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes