Ch.1 Crush

■3rd Person POV■

This is quite the common view every morning at Seijoh since last year, but for some people, the sight is still quite, unique.

The student role model who's a kind and gentle girl L/N Y/N happily walks next to her childhood friend Aoba Johsai's volleyball team's mad dog, the always angry-looking Kyotani Kentarou.

The Sweet Kitten and The Angry Dog

That's how people call them.
The two are friends since Y/N moved into Miyagi when she's 8.

~Flashback 9 years ago~

Kyotani is on his way home from school when he hears something from the park.

Y/N: p-please give it back...

Y/N just moved here two days ago and she moves to study at the same elementary as Kyotani. On her way back home, she was stopped by some kids at the park.

They tease her and taking her bag and sketchbook. The timid girl is trying to take her stuff back but she couldn't, so she just begs them to return it to her.

Y/N was about to cry when a hand snatches her book and bag away from the bully. Those kids are pissed and turn around but they look scared the moment they saw Kyotani.

Kyotani: pick someone your own size... ganging up on a girl... no shame...

Boy1: o-oi it's Kyotani...

Those boys scatter and leave the park, leaving Y/N and Kyotani. The girl looks up at her savior. Kyotani is ready to meet her frightened face, just like the other kids, but he was met with something else.

Y/N: thank you so much....

Y/N is smiling so sweetly at him, this kind of startling him. Kyotani hands her stuff back and Y/N takes it from him.

As Kyotani turns around to leave, Y/N has started walking back. She walks a meter away behind him as if she was following him.

Kyotani stops and turns around making the girl almost bumps into him.

Kyotani: are you heading this way?

Y/N: ah yes...

After that Kyotani turns around again and starts walking. Y/N tries to brave herself.

Y/N: Um... can I ask what's your name?

Kiyotani: Kyotani Kentarou...

Y/N: uh what grade are you?

Kyotani: 2

Y/N's eyes lit and she tries to get close to him.

Y/N: um, I'm L/N Y/N... I've just moved here... can... I be your friend...

The mad puppy was surprised when he hears this. She's trying to talk to him was a surprise and moreover, now asking to be friends.

That day, the friendship of the cat like girl and the mad dog boy started.

~Ends of Flashback~

Kyotani walks with Y/N until they reach the entrance, making sure Y/N gets in safely, though she's not a bullying target like when they're in elementary, Kyotani is used to making sure she's safe.