Ch.2 What Did I do?

■Y/N's POV■

I wait in the section where I always met Kentaro to go to school. There I see him walking my way. I swallow the lump in my throat and greets him.

Y/N: Kentarou... good morning...

Kentarou: morning...

Kentarou just continues walking after replying like that. My heart clenches.

What is wrong?

I follow him and walk behind him. I keep looking at his back since he acts kind of distant the whole week.

I don't know what happen that make him suddenly act like this. We still go to school together but I'm sure that's because we live in the same neighborhood, but after school, Kentarou always prolongs his practice and goes off somewhere.

When we arrived at school, he immediately heads to the gym, leaving me alone watching him walk away.

I walk to class and sits on my desk, still wondering what happened to Kentarou and what did I do wrongly.

Ann: Y/N...

I was surprised, not noticing that Ann and Honoka are on my desk.

Y/N: A-Ann... Honoka... good morning...

Ann and Honoka look at each other and then looks at me.

Honoka: Y/N, you've been down the whole week, what's the problem...

Ann: and we notice that you and Mad dog are kinds of... you know... distant...

Dub Dub

My heart hurts when I hear this. I look down at my desk and Ann holds my hand.

Ann: Y/N are you okay?

Honoka: did he do anything to you?

Y/N: no!

I shook my head. He did nothing, but I know he's avoiding me. I decided to tell Honoka and Ann. The two listen to my trouble.

Ann: why would he avoid you?

Honoka: he's being weird... if there's someone who needs to be avoided it's him...

Y/N: Honoka...

Honoka: sorry... I mean... just look at you... what would you do to make someone avoids you?

I don't know...

Ann: Y/N, tries to talk to him then... maybe you can come to his house because you're close to his family too right?

Should I?

But, it's the only way I can talk to him...

I want to know...

I don't want Kentarou to avoid me...

■3rd Person POV■

Another day Kyotani prolonged his practice. He looks at the clock, knowing that Y/N might already go home by now.

He sighs as he puts the last ball into the basket. Yahaba sees his teammate looks troubled the whole week and finally decided to ask later.

Yahaba and Kiyotani are walking together. Yahaba can feel the uneasiness radiates from Kyotani. Not just him, but the other members also thought so.

Yahaba: Kyotani, what is actually happening?

Kyotani glances at him before averting his eyes to the road.