Part 1. A Long Trip

It was a long plane ride but we finally made it, Transylvania, the small town nearby filled with fellow travelers and people getting ready for Monster Fest, a celebration to the fictional beings that are believed to be myth to the world and terrifying creatures.

"Hey Y/n, ya think they have a McDonald's here?" Johnny asked me as he bounced on the trunk of the taxi, trying to close it with his massive travel bag being stuffed into it.

"Johnny... This is Transylvania. I doubt there's a fast food joint anywhere near-" I was explaining but was cut off by the taxi driver's GPS pinging.

"Route to 'McVamp's' set, take the next left and drive forward for 5 minutes" The robotic voice spoke, the taxi driver now smiling. Johnny swiftly jumped into the passenger seat while I sat in the back with my gear.

The ride consisted of me asking why McDonald's specifically re-branded one joint in Romania just because of a myth but the taxi driver brushed me off.

"Listen kids, Vampires? They're real! My Grandpa saw one! He was just a boy when his Pa burned down this big house which had a whole family of them! He saw a Father and child run off into the woods and away from the fire but didn't say snot because he didn't want the child ta get hunted" The taxi driver told his grandpa's story as we pulled up, the crazy nut. At least he gave us a discount for hearing his story.

Me and Johnny ate at the "McVamp's" and made plans for our big hike tomorrow, Johnny was pretty hyped but I'm still not much of an outdoorsman... he wants to climb a mountain. Lucky for him a bunch of other guys in the place overheard, apparently they could hook us up with the gear we'd need... brilliant.

We rest at a nearby inn overnight, Johnny sorting out his bag and me making mine lighter because I don't want any dead weight while we're climbing.

The next day was long, the climbing was intense, Johnny even fell pretty far down once or twice but luckily he still had his rope on so he was fine... he just needed a change of pants.

But what was even more interesting was that there was a tavern at the top of the cliff side, well kept and still open. So we took a chance to relax in the place with the climbers, Johnny suggested having some beers but the climbers were against it, they knew he wouldn't have enough for a taxi home if he splashed his cash on alchole so I instead gave the hikers some cash to send Johnny home in a taxi once he has too many. I don't drink so I sat at a table with a can of soda... that was when Johnny left puking up our lunch and a big man came in, looking terrified.

"You all good man?" I asked him, he pulled out a chair in front of me and held his face in his hands...

"The Forest" Is all he could say, the curious side of me wanted to figure out what he was on about and so I went to the forest he was complaining about, it was filled with bugs I had never seen before, like a spider with a skull on it, but what was more interesting was a village that I could see whilst standing on a hill, that when looked at on google maps couldn't be seen at all, just a clearing. Then the worst happened, my phone died with the screen fading to black.

"Hope the people in the town have a power port" I spoke to myself as I made my way to the village, but when I got there it was a terrifying scene, the town was fake with wooden stand-up buildings... and there was PEOPLE on FIRE! They didn't seem to mind it so it must of been set up to look like painful flames when in reality it could be that stunt fire people use for films and magic tricks... they also smelt off, like they hadn't showered in ages.

I decided to follow them because at this point I was lost, they were my best chance at finding civilization. So I followed and followed, and at one point the group of flaming people went into a tunnel underground. They ended up going to a large castle in the middle of nowhere, like a giant empty plain that put the grand canyon to shame, putting the flames on themselves out before changing into hotel worker uniforms and heading into the place. A monster themed hotel maybe?