Part 2. The Party Planner

After hitting the green jelly like creature, I was launched backwards into what I could only assume was a witch, and my instincts made me grab the closest thing to me... a broom... a WITCH broom.

I went flying through the room, hitting monsters, luggage carts... the floor.

I eventually flew around a few banners and saw a chick and a pregnant hairy lady walking down the stairs, didn't wanna hit the pregnant lady so I did my best to move out of the way but ended up hitting the chick. Throwing us both to the hotel floor.

Looking up with a splitting headache, feeling the cold floor, I locked eyes with the chick... she looked gorgeous, almost like her eyes glittered. I could feel a zap or zing like feeling in me at the time, making my heart jump for a moment as a warm feeling flowed through my body.

"Mavis, honey, are you all right?!" Dracula asked, hiding me with his cape.

"Yeah, I think so. That was weird..." The chick's voice spoke, she sounded dazed.

I lifted the bottom of Dracula's cape to look her in the face.

"You okay?" I asked her, rubbing my head, probably won't remember this once my brain kicks back into working order.

"Yeah. Uh, who is that?" She asked curiously to Dracula.

Dracula swiftly kicked me back behind the cape and continued to talk, "Who is what? Oh! Oh, that? That is a nobody".

Rude.

"Seriously, Dad?" She asked deadpanned. I pulled Dracula's cape back again in shock.

"Wait,"Dad"?! You're Dracula's daughter!?" I asked, surprised. I already guessed that if all of these monsters are real that the Dracula cosplayer would be the real deal but... He has a daughter?! Wait... that taxi driver...

"Yeah, I know. Dracula's daughter. Everybody freaks out at first" She said, a little blurry. I wasn't paying too much attention due to me thinking about the taxi driver's story.

"Okay, we gotta go" Dracula stated as he dragged me into what I'm assuming is his room, before we got there I got to see a few of the hotel's hallways and it's old design, it was a pretty calming environment.

"So before you go sucking my blood. Are you seriously telling me that this WHOLE HOTEL is FILLED with monsters?" I asked, terrified of thinking what would happen to me if Dracula doesn't kill me here and sends me to the other monsters instead.

Dracula sat down on a chair thing at the end of the bed and was rubbing his temple.

"Yes the whole thing, and that is classic human paranoia. Human blood is so fatty, and you never know where it's been, so we use a blood substitute. Either Near Blood or Blood Beaters. You can't tell the difference" Drac explained, still obviously thinking of something.

"So, you're, the real Count Dracula? Lord of Vampires?" I asked as I sat on the bed.

"No, that's my Father" He answered. I sat and looked at the bricks on the walls and the thought of how this place was holding so many monsters just in the lobby.

"So just a jab in the dark here, this place is made completely for monsters to vacation at by the looks of it sooo.... I'm guessing you guys just come here to make sure humans can't find you?" I asked him, he stood up and looked back at me.

"To simplify it yes, but I built this place for all those monsters out there, lurking in the shadows, hiding from the persecution of humankind. A place for them and their families to come to and be themselves. A place void of torches, pitchforks, angry mobs. A place of peace, relaxation and tranquility" He said in his usual dramatic fashion with the door to the balcony opening up with wind blowing through, sending his cape flying about and the night light making his face light up and all.

"Yeah, so a hotel for monsters" I replied, a smug smile on my face knowing he'd probably be annoyed by it.

"Yes, exactly. "A hotel for monsters." Way to sum it up. Okay, hop on my back. We're leaving" Dracula stated, transforming into a bat.

"Wait, on your back? You are the size of a rat how could you carry- oop okay off we go" I was asking, but he had already picked me up and we were out the window.

We were only just out of the window when another bat flew up to us, greeting herself with a "Hi", it was the voice of Drac's daughter.

"Mavey! What are you doing, my sweet little blood orange? Our friend was just leaving" Dracula explained, so his daughter is the Mavis chick, noted.

"Yeah, still think being flown out of a window is a little dangerous" I pointed out, Dracula seemingly forced a laugh as he brought me back to the room.

"This guy, he's so funny. Look, you have something on your face!" Dracula said as he pulled me in close, "Play along if you ever want to get out of here alive" he threatened.

I nodded but was quickly redirecting my vision to see Mavis transform back into a humanoid form, hands on her hips.

"Wait... as a bat do your clothes just shrink or what?" I asked curiously.

"Who exactly is that?" Mavis asked back, almost matching my curiosity if not more so.

Dracula froze up for a moment as he looked around with a worried face, but then I could see an idea click into his head.

"Honeybat. You see, it's your birthday. And you know I want you to have the bestest, specialest party of your life. So, well, I needed some help, isn't that right?" He both answered and asked me.

"Yup, what he said" I answered too, going along with his obvious lie.

"You. Needed help?" Mavis asked, knowing how much her father liked to do things himself.

"Well, look, I am very good, but I thought it would be even more bestest, specialest if someone closer to your age helped plan the party" Dracula said as he booped his daughter's nose twice and then squeezed me.

"You're my age?!" Mavis asked as she got really close to my face.

"Sure I am... How old are you?" I asked, knowing that vampires have different aging to us so she might be around her 60's maybe? That and if I know her age then I can just add a few numbers.

"118" she answered.

"ONE HUNDRED AND EIGH-" I was cut off by Drac slamming his elbow into me to correct my course of speech.

"Yeah I'm, 119" I lied, well kinda, I am 19 but by the looks of it you just add 100 for vampires.

"Really?" She asked with a smile on her face.

I simply nodded, still in a bit of pain due to Drac.

"You see? Everything is very, very normal. I'm throwing a party, and he's helping sort things for me" Dracula reassured as I caught my breath, the armor that was standing nearby then came to life.

"Sir, there's an emergency!" The suit spoke, kinda like a Google Home or Alexa device... but with a male voice... wait why is Cortana, Google Home, Siri and Alexa all set with a default female voice?

While I was off in my own train of thought, Dracula was talking to the suit and Mavis, I couldn't really catch their conversation.

I was inspecting the suit of armor as it began to slap me away. So it wants to throw hands huh? I swung a fist at it, knocking the helmet off it, the helmet then bounced off the wall and onto my head, the rest of the armor falling to the ground without the helmet.

As I heard Mavis's voice approach, I stood still, now having a knight helmet on my head due to... previous reasons, I could just make out what she was saying.

"Okay. So, maybe if you're not planning later, we can hang out?" Mavis asked me as she lifted the helmet off of my head.

"Yeah, sounds nice" I replied.

"Yes. You hear that? It sounds nice. So you will hang out. See you later, my honey. Lovely" Dracula guided his daughter out gently before quickly changing tones and saying "Okay, you're not hanging out. Because you are leaving".

I simply shrugged, guessing he really doesn't like humans.

The armor spoke more about the emergency, but Dracula ignored it and looked over to me.

"Follow me" Dracula said as a secret door opened up in front of him.