05, temporary heartbreak

AS SOON AS THE DOORS TO the van opened, Daphne jumped out, immediately running over to the nearest trash can

AS SOON AS THE DOORS TO the van opened, Daphne jumped out, immediately running over to the nearest trash can. She pushed her hair behind her ears, vomiting into the can and a guard tried to drag her away.

"Leave the girl alone." One of them spoke and Daphne noticed how familiar they sounded. "Get the blond, the one with the accent."

Another van was opened to reveal Brenda and Thomas, the two stepping out carefully. The third had Newt in it, who looked at the guard angrily, "Where is she?"

"She's over there, now relax!" The guard with the familiar voice yelled. Newt looked at Daphne, immediately running over and holding her hair back as she threw up. "What's wrong with her?"

"I don't know," Newt replied, not taking his eyes off Daphne as she stood up, rubbing her eyes. "You didn't tell me you were sick."

"I'm not, it's just motion sickness." She shook her head and looked at the guards. "You guys drive like psychopaths."

Out of the fourth van, a soldier was thrown out, Jorge jumping on top of him and screaming, "Where is she, you son of a bitch?"

He punched the solider and Brenda ran over immediately shouting, "I'm right here!"

The guards raised their guns at the group and Thomas shook his head, shouting as he tried to calm Jorge down. Newt pushed Daphne behind him, who leaned against him weakly.

"Everybody relax. We're all on the same side here." The guard spoke and Daphne's eyes widened as she finally recognized the voice.

"No way." Daphne shook her head.

"What do you mean same side? Who the hell are you?" Thomas asked.

He turned to look at them before pulling of his mask, revealing Gally. "Hey, Greenie."

"I knew it!" Daphne said.

"Gally?" Thomas whispered as Newt and Frypan looked at the Glader in shock.

"No way." Frypan gasped before Thomas lunged at him, pinning Gally to the ground. He punched him as Newt ran over, pulling Thomas back.

"Stop it! Stop." Newt told him.

"He killed Chuck." Thomas reminded, a heartbroken look on his face.

"Yeah, I know. I remember. I was there too, all right?" Newt said and glanced at Frypan and Daphne. "We were. But I also remember that he was stung and half out of his mind. Just calm down."

Thomas backed up and Gally stood up, rubbing his face, "Kind of had that coming. Anybody else? Fry? Newt? Daph?"

"Believe me, I want to." Daphne mumbled.

"Do you know this guy?" Jorge asked.

"He was an old friend." Frypan answered.

"How? How is this possible? I don't—" Newt looked at Gally in disbelief. "We watched you die."