12, save me once more

FEAR WAS A FAMILIAR FEELING to Daphne, she was scared at least once a day in the maze

FEAR WAS A FAMILIAR FEELING to Daphne, she was scared at least once a day in the maze. Every time Trinity ran into the maze with Minho and the other runners, a small amount of fear settled in her chest. The same thing happened every time they were even a little late from coming back, Daphne being scared out of her mind that one day her sister wouldn't come back from the maze. She was scared every time a banishment happened in the Glade, knowing that the Gladers wouldn't come back.

She scared out of her mind the entire time she and the others were escaping the maze. Then when they got into the WICKED building, while they showered with warm water and got new clothes, Daphne was also terrified. Her time in the Scorch, she was scared. Daphne was even scared when the group was going through with the plan to steal a train cart from WICKED, even though she came up with the plan.

But none of that fear compared to right now. Looking away from her science experiment in front of her, Daphne and the others looked at the large window of the room, seeing multiple explosions happening on the ground.

"Lawrence?" Thomas guessed and Gally nodded.

"We're supposed to take down WICKED, not the whole damn city." Gally mumbled. "We have to get out of here."

Daphne nodded, mixing the blue enzyme with Thomas's blood. She ran over to the other side of the room, looking for a syringe and turning around when she heard a groan.

"He's cranking out!" Gally screamed and Daphne looked at Newt, who now stood up from the bed and lunged at Thomas.

"Newt!" Thomas yelled and the blond jumped at him again, grabbing his gun.

Daphne's eyes widened, realizing what the boy was trying to do, and she shouted, "Newt, no!"

Running over, she grabbed Newt's arm that was about to shoot himself. She pulled the gun away from him, making the bullet fly towards the window and breaking the glass before Daphne threw the gun to the other side of the room.

"Newt, I have the serum, I just have to find a syringe!" Daphne tried to explain to him but the boy just groaned at her.

"That's not Newt anymore!" Gally reminded, tossing his gun away before Newt could grab it.

"Daphne, just get the serum!" Thomas rushed the girl while he and Gally held Newt back, who was struggling in their arms.

She opened the another drawer, grabbing a syringe and running over. Running back over to her table, Daphne's eyes widened when she heard a bunch of beeps, turning around to look at Trinity. Daphne left the syringe on the table, running over to her sister.

"What's happening?" Minho looked at the girl.

"Her levels are falling!" Daphne answered, looking back at the screen.

"What does that mean?" Minho asked frantically.

"She's dying!" Daphne shouted and she ran over to the other side of Trinity's bed, seeing a small container where drops of blue liquid were falling into it. "Shit, shit, shit, the enzyme is still being pulled out of her."