eight

This chapter does contain sexual scenes. 

Elliot knew that he would have to save Maureen for last, after with talking to Kathleen and after she went back on her meds she was happy about the situation, she always wanted a little sister and had already asked many times to meet her and spend time with her. Eli was a bit upset, he was always protective of his mother but he was alright seeing how he always seemed to have a bond with Olivia after their immediate connection when he was born.

He made dinner for Maureen and waited for her to come by his apartment, she had been hurt the most by the divorce which didn't surprise him knowing how close she was with her mother. There was a light knock on the door and Elliot called for her to come in, he smiled and held his arm opened and Maureen practically ran into his arms, "Hi Dad." She spoke. 

Elliot held onto her for a few moments and then pulled away, "Come eat. I need to talk to you about something." Maureen took a seat at the table and the two ate, once they were finished eating Maureen had told him all about her husband and how they were thinking of children. Elliot couldn't keep waiting, he knew it was only fair to her he knew that he had to tell her now. 

"Hey uh Mo I need to talk to you about something." He spoke and watched as Maureen sipped from her drink and responded, "About how you're fucking Olivia?" Elliot's eyes widened at her tone and her language, he expected anger but this was a whole different level than he expected, "Maureen." He spoke in a stern tone but she just rolled her eyes. 

"Save the speech dad, Kathleen already told me." Elliot sighed and scrubbed a hand down his face, he really wanted to be the first one to tell her, "Look I know that this is a bit hard to understand but there is nothing going on with me and Olivia at the moment, in fact we both agreed that nothing will happen until I talked to you and your mother." 

"That's reassuring. Kathleen says you got a kid with her, that true?" Elliot sighed and hung his head for a moment, he didn't want it go down this way but he sensed her tone, she was pissed. "Yeah. Her name is Ivy, she's six and she's a sweet girl." 

"Good to know, thanks for confirming that you did in fact cheat on mom." Maureen stood but Elliot reached forward and grabbed her arm, he gave her a gentle pull and she sat back down. "I understand what I did to your mother was horrible, I hurt her and that is something I cannot take back but, I am trying to make things good with everyone, including your mother and you."

Maureen was always protective of her mother she was closer to her and sometimes it hurt Elliot throughout the divorce Maureen barley spoke with him, "You understand huh? Yeah well you weren't there all the nights that mom cried herself to sleep so, forgive me for not being on board with the whole new sister thing."

Maureen stood again and was halfway to the door when she turned to face him, "You love her don't you?" Elliot wanted to lie and tell her no but she wasn't stupid, "Yeah. I love her so much." He spoke, Maureen hung her head and nodded, "I'll call you dad."

***

Olivia heard the knock on her door and it startled her awake, she looked to her clock and noticed it was past 11. She sighed and pushed herself up to her feet and grabbed a cardigan off of her dresser and slid it into her arms. She walked to her door and peered through the peephole and then opened it up when she noticed it was Elliot, "Hey." She whispered and let him walk inside.

"Hey, sorry it's so late, I just wanted to see the two of you," He said as she shut the door and flipped the lock switch. "I take it things didn't go very well with Maureen?" She asked as she crossed her arms over her body holding her cardigan in place, it got a bit cold in her apartment late and she was sleepy.