Alive

Silent chatter filled the rooms of the gallery. They were showcasing the works of the already passed artist called Weiss Guertena, and Garry thought it was a good time to look around the art gallery, because there were only a few people around. Scanning through every painting, sculpture and jewelry in the first floor, he became instantly bored--

"Oh...!" His eyes caught something unusual, something that almost looked real, except for the Abyss of the Deep painting. Several people were around it, especially males. Walking towards it, he read the description in front of the bars.

Old Doll
Treating this like his own daughter, Guertena made his very first lifelike doll. The real title of this masterpiece was long forgotten, but it was said that it was the girl's name.

"Wow... she looks beautiful." A man commented. Finally having a closer view of the doll, Garry's obsidian eyes gazed on the said creation.

Sitting on a throne-like chair, her [h/c] hair flowed gently, half-lidded [e/c] eyes clouded in a unknown emotion, soft, pink lips formed in a slight smile, and porcelain skin looking real. A [f/c] dress adorned the doll's body, reaching to her toes.

His breath hitched at the sight. Looking closely, it looks like she was around his age, and if she stood up, she would be just above his shoulder. Her hand held a single black rose, but it has wilted, the petals scattered around her.

"S-she looks so... real..." Another man commented, a light blush in his face.

Too good to be real... Garry chided. If she were real, then--

Eyes widening, the male caught sight of the slight change of the girl's appearance, mainly her eyes. He tried to fight back the shocked scream that was about to rip away from his throat, and successfully did, but only a silent gasp escaped.

Her eyes were blank.

Like when a person dies with eyes opened.

And he swore for a milli-second, it was looking at him.

Blinking, he tried to see if that really happened. No matter how many times he blinked, the doll... won't just do anything anymore.

I'm just hallucinating.

The purple headed man reassured himself, stepping away from the plaque to leave, but not before glancing at it at the corner of his eyes.

There's no way that a doll can have emotions. They couldn't move. She's not alive.

With that thought, he walked away from it, his curiosity going alive once again for the other works of Guertena.

[•]

"Big sis [Name]...?" A cheery voice spoke. A soft, weak smile greeted the blonde's voice. Footsteps rang the room, and it stopped near a throne-like chair. "Ne, who is it this time?"

"A guy... with purple hair. He caught sight of the change. The first time, too." She chuckled, recalling the face that he made. "And another girl with brown hair and red eyes. I thought that the two of you can be friends, Mary."

Said girl jumped in joy, squealing. "REALLY?! Yaaaay! A new friend! Isn't it great, Azul!?" She said to the smiling blue doll dressed in pink. The doll smiled widely and bobbed it's head in agreement. The blonde hugged the fragile doll, careful not to break her. "Thank you [Name]! You are the best sis ever!"

The latter laughed, throwing her arms around her. A joking feminine voice cut off, "Hey, what about me?"

Mary and [Name] turned to see the Lady in Red. "Of course your the best too! All of you are! I love all the dresses you made, too!"

Giggling slightly, the brunette flushed. "Aw, just for cute little Mary... after all, what are sisters for!"

Smiling, the [h/c]ette looked fondly at the scene before her. She could remember bits of her past with her stepfather, and in those bits, they were happy. But not until... he discovered a way to make his creations real, and...

"--[ame], are you okay?" The Lady in Red's voice snapped her back into reality. "Boy... I thought you were going to dreamland back there!"

"O-oh... I'm sorry." She shyly apologized. "Just thinking about... things."

"Just don't scare us like that, big sis [Name]!" Mary pouted. "Anyway, let's go get ready for them, big sis Red!"

"Right!"

At the sound of the door closing, the doll's eyes blinked, coming back into it's natural emotion when she was first shown. Blank.

A doll like her is so fragile... her heart won't be, though.

She was sure of that.

After all, that's what a doll is, right?

Or... that's what she is. She was different from any other dolls, she was not just porcelain, she is flesh. It troubled her at first. She was a doll, right? A marionette only to stay still and look pretty. But look at her now. Alive. Talking.

It troubled her at first. Why was she here? She should be dressed in a pure white dress, buried deep into the ground where she will sleep for eternity. Why was she still alive?

Until she met the others.

They were enchanting, to say the least. Her father's works becoming alive in another reality? If she was still human, she would've shake it off, saying that it was impossible. But look at her right now. Being friends with them. Now that she thought of it, it was better than her pet cat and her imaginative friends. Being cooped up in a mansion all of your life can take more than your vitamin D.

She chuckled silently, scolding herself for her thoughts. The past is the past, get over it. She reminded herself. For now, she should be living her life at her fullest, even if she's only a animated doll... starting with this young man with purple hair and little girl with red eyes.

[Episode 1: Alive End]

[EDITED!!]