twenty eight

running. the sound of footsteps brushing though the grass is heard all around you. the sky has turned from a dark blue to a pink-orange gradient: sunrise. you ran through the night, occasionally stopping to rest before picking up the pace again. and now that the sun's rays are being cast onto the earth, you can let our guard down just a little bit.

"they're huge!" don says, looking up at the tall trees surrounding us. you turn in a circle in awe of the scenery around you. the tall brown trees are very different from the ones in the books you've read.

"be careful everyone" emma says as she reaches her hand out to help you onto a large log blocking the path. you take her hand and she helps you onto it, you then reach my hand out and help others on and over it. once everyone had gone, you jump down and notice something. all the younger children have tired looks on their faces, since they haven't slept one bit all night.

"hey emma, i think we should take a break" you say to emma.

"you're right" she responds before turning to everyone "okay! time to rest! let's eat breakfast here!".

before you know it, everyone is sat in a circle on the ground with their food laid out in front of them. the food is cold and not nearly as good as it was when we were back at grace field, but it's better than nothing. you try to get myself to eat, but you can't. you feel so overwhelmed with emotion that you're not hungry.

"y/n, where'd emma go?" ray asks. you shrug before wrapping your food back in a napkin and stuffing it into your bag. "you're not going to eat?".

"no, i'm not really hungry" you respond with a nervous smile.

"aren't you going to be hungry later? we might not stop to eat again until tonight" he asks.

"i'll be fine, i can just eat it while we run" you suggest. he looks at you with a dead glare.

"so you don't think that could attract demons?" he asks with an emotionless tone.

"oh. i didn't think about that." you say softly while you look down at the ground and think. he forms his hand into a fist and taps the top of your head.

"you really are an idiot sometimes, now eat" he says jokingly. you nod and take a bite from your meal. after finishing, you decide to go and find emma. after some searching, you find her behind a tree not too far from where everyone else is.

"emma? why are you over here by yourself?" you ask as you approach her from behind. she jumps and turns to you in shock, but relaxes once she recognizes you.

"oh y/n, it's only you" she sighs, "i was just thinking that's all".

"heyoooo" ray says as he approaches the two of you.

"did you find anything useful?" emma asks the tall boy.

"we're fine. at the very least, there aren't any wild predators in this area" he responds, handing both you and emma jars of water to drink. you smile softly before taking a sip.

"i also wanted to say i'm sorry" he adds, "i know i already apologized y/n, but i'm sorry for fighting with you. and emma, i'm sorry for not being part of the plan from the start. if i was, maybe you wouldn't have had to hurt your ear".

"don't worry about it!" emma says with a big smile.

"speaking of ears, how are yours feeling? well actually, how is where it used to be feeling" you ask the two.

"it's alright. stings a bit but i'll be fine" ray responds with a shrug.

"same here, i feel pretty good" emma adds.

"good. well we should probably head back to everyone else, yeah?" you suggest. they nod and the three of you retreat to your temporary camp.

a/n: i am so sorry for how long it took for me to write this OOPS. anyways i want to make something clear before i start getting asked-

THERE WILL BE NO NSFW.

even though i did age them up, they're still minors and i personally don't feel comfortable writing anything like that other than kissing and stuff of that sort.

anyways, have you all been keeping up with the dub? i didn't know they were coming out until a few days ago but i don't know where to watch it :,)