thirty one

"emma, is this the right direction?" don asks from the front of the group.

"yeah! but we've gone a bit off course while we were underground" she replies while untwisting the pen to reveal the hologram that reads 'B 00-15'

"oh i see. so that code represents our current location, huh" ray says while looking at the coordinates.

"what do you mean?" you ask. he turns to face you before answering.

"both B 06-32 and B 00-15 show us where we are. in other words, they're kind of like coordinates. the numbers must me some indication of the direction we're headed in" he explains before turning to emma for confirmation of his theory, but when he does she seems to be frozen in shock.

"you're freaky! how did you figure it out so f- oh my god!" she yells while flailing her arms around in the air. you laugh at her reaction while ray keeps the same expression as before.

"i mean it's pretty simple when you think about it" ray responds.

"i guess that makes sense, but how do we know where we are now?" you ask.

"when i first looked at this projection when we were back at the house it was just a plain 00-00 with no letter" emma explains.

"so right now we must me directly east of the house. and since it was B 01-14 before, we must've gone a little north since then" ray adds, making you even more confused. he takes the pen from emma and studies the hologram.

"do you get it now, y/n?" emma asks.

"yeah totally" you say with a nervous smile.

"liar" ray adds quickly before reaching his finger out to touch the hologram. the screen quickly changes to say a bunch of numbers with a space to input some.

"i got up to that screen" emma says.

"i suppose you are pretty bad at this kind of stuff" ray replies. as your eyes scan the screen, an idea forms in your head.

"hey wait i think i get it!" you shout quickly.

"you do?" emma asks in surprise.

"the other book out of the two that stood out, the one with no morse code on the logo. that book is the key to this pen" you explain while looking at both ray and emma.

"our key?" emma asks.

"look! on the screen is the logo without any morse, we need to use the book to find the passwords for this pen. the 3-18-02 is a code. ray, can you go to page 13, line 18, and word 2?" you say. he quickly takes the book out of his backpack and turns the pages to find the section you referred to.

"human" he says. you type that word into the designated space on the screen and suddenly it changes to a new one that reads:

"come to me if you need help. i am waiting in area b 06-32,

william minerva"

"a message from him!" emma says excitedly.

"norman must've seen this" ray adds, "and for the next password...". he skims through the book again until a noise sounds through the forest, making you quickly turn the pen to hide the hologram and ray snaps the book closed.

"did you..." you ask.

"yeah. somethings coming" ray responds. you quickly put the pen in your pocket and turn around to see a large monster's jaw snapping towards you.

"run!" emma screams, making everyone start sprinting in the opposite direction.

what the hell what the hell what the hell

your mind races as you run for your life with no knowledge of what's to happen. you could run into another demon and be cornered, or you could run right into people who are trying to find you.

you're all running around like headless chickens.

"ray whats that thing? is it in the book too?" gilda yells.

"no there's nothing, it must be a demon!" ray shouts back.

this is the first time you've ever seen a demon.

"the monsters that norman and i saw walked upright and even talked!" emma yelled.

"yeah, the ones in my early memories are like that too..." ray adds.

"oh shut up and keep running!" you shout while panting. you turn your head around and right behind you is the open mouth of the demon, ready to feast on you. your eyes widen as it's tongue stretches to reach you and it's sharp teeth shine in the light.

"y/n!" ray yells, grabbing your hand to pull you away. you get practically thrown forwards by him and almost loose your balance.

"thanks!" you reply before shifting your focus back on running as fast as you possibly can.

"did the demon from the farm come to catch us?" a small boy asks.

"no! it's not from the farm it wants to eat us all right here!" nat yells at him, making the boy sniffle.

"exactly, this isn't them yet. if it was it would treat us like merchandise, not attack us!" emma explains. pants fill the air as children start to become out of breath, when suddenly don sticks his left arm out to the side, signaling for the group to separate into two. you and ray stay with dons group while emma and gilda lead the other group.

"it's here, ready? everyone run, don't look back!" don yells as the children in your group follow him. you turn around to see that the demon has decided to follow your group and not gilda's. your group continues to run at the fast pace you've been going before ray slows down to a stop and you do the same.

"i think there's a chance here" he says. you look around and see a killing tree trap, similar to the one everyone fell into previously.

"oh! you mean..." you start.

"yeah" he says.

"okay, so we'll split and-" you say before being cut off.

"no, i'm doing it alone" he says quickly.

"what?! you can't be serious ray, i won't let you!" you respond in slight anger.

"i'm only doing this because i'm confident i can. trust me" he says before grabbing your shoulders and looking down to you, "wait ten seconds after i go, then find gilda and emma's group and lead them downwind as fast as you can, got it?".

"...fine" you say stubbornly before running away from him, "better not die on me now!". you quickly run in a straight line before you hear emma's voice faintly in the distance. you start running even faster before you see the red haired girl running along side gilda and their group.

"emma! gilda!" you yell as you run towards them. their group and your previous group seems to have merged, now leaving ray alone for him to find you. suddenly a loud roaring sound pierces the air and fills your ears.

"what was that sound just now?" emma asks while everyone huddles in a circle. after the sound passes, it's completely silent.

"everything seems fine now" you say, causing everyone to relax a bit.

"rays taking a while isnt he? shouldn't he be back by now?" gilda suggests.

"do you think something happened?" you ask nervously, playing with your fingers to try and calm yourself.

"something...? like..." don says.

"our pursuers maybe?" a small girl says before a roar sounds again, "uh y/n? are you okay your face has gone pale...?".

"yeah i'm fine don't worry..." you softly say while slurring your words before everything goes black, your ears ring a high pitch, and everyone's voices slowly fade away.

a/n: this book is doing so bad compared to the first one wtf

anyways this chapter was super long and i had y/n replace emma in a few scenes for drama purposes:p