Kix - Temptation

Yeah this one contains mature content...

*

Being one of only two medics was stressful. Most of the time, it was just you because Kix would be wasting heat on the battlefield, leaving you to do most of the work. That's how it always went, even after you attempted to get him to help you with the wounded soldiers. He only did when he needed to, never when you absolutely needed him.

This is merely your tenth mission having to work with Kix and over the past three hours, you have seen him help out once. You haven't even said a word to him. All you knew about him was that his name was Kix and he made you do all of the medical work. At least that's what it felt like. It felt like the past two years you have been friends with him had all been a dream and Kix was a whole new person to you.

Since Kix was too busy shooting dandelions on this planet they called Naboo, you were left trying to tend to all wounded soldiers. It was beyond overwhelming for you.

"(Y/n)! We have more soldiers coming in!" The legion captain, Rex, shouted as he assisted one of his brothers over to you. The trooper laid down on the ground in a safe spot so you could go over his injuries. By the looks of it, he burned his entire left leg.

"Captain, get Kix!" You shouted, finally fed up with his bullshit. He needed to help you instead of catching butterflies in the field. There was no way you could do this on your own. The reason you were even brought on this mission was so that you could help him so he wasn't as overwhelmed, but he let you completely take over.

"I'm on it," Rex complied with your request, pressing a button on his comlink and speaking through it. "Kix, (y/n) needs your assistance."

After waiting a few seconds, he replied to Rex. "I'm coming."

When he made it over to your location, he immediately halted in his place. He looked down at all of the soldiers you had tended to. His helmet was still covering his face, so you couldn't see any expression.

"It's about time you helped your brothers," you remarked sarcastically. He shook his head and bent down beside you. Taking his helmet off, he revealed his face. Of course, you knew what clones looked like, but each clone was different in their own way. As for Kix, he had grown his hair back on his head where a tattoo once laid. His face was relaxed and a lot less stressed than most clones' faces. Somehow he was just different than his brothers, and that was not including the aspect of the personal friendship you've had with him.

"Sorry, I didn't realize you were so overwhelmed," Kix apologized as he began emptying his bag of medical supplies.

"You realize they called me on this mission to make sure you weren't the one being so overwhelmed, right?" You asked, earning a small smile from his lips. That's what did it. His smile was like the smile of a little boy. It was cute, innocent, sweet. That was the same smile you loved to see every time you saw him.

"Yeah, I realize that now," he mentioned.

"Now? Seriously?"

"Hey, give me a break. I'm out there busting my ass to fight for the Republic—"

"By shooting the enemy, right? After all, the enemy is the pretty little butterflies," you continued to poke fun at him for leaving you all the work.

"Shut up," he rolled his eyes just before walking away from you. He began to go over to the men lying on the ground in pain and double-check to make sure they were doing well.

You watched the trooper as he made sure his brothers were doing okay. It was nice to see him care so deeply for his brothers. He knew what he was doing and he did his job well. The way he was able to identify an injury almost immediately was astonishing.