✧ 5 ✧

The power you behold is burdened by thousands of stars

The power you behold is burdened by thousands of stars. I asked, 'You call me moon but if I do not shine will you still love me the way you do now? Is that the shine that matters or the love between us?' You said, 'if you do not shine one day, I will embrace you, you will put your head on my shoulder, and together we will shine, our hearts will touch each other and flinch in excitement. You will blush and mortals will think that it was your brightest glory.'

I kissed and whispered, The sun that I see is named after you.

May

 As spring finally came, I recall another incident that I could never forget. That was the day he stood out for me. It was spring time so our school was organizing the annual sports. I enrolled my name in a 500-meter run and shot put. I can still remember how I wore the light blue t-shirt of his since I didn't have that type of shirt. 'It suits you.' He said with a wide smile on his face, satisfied with me wearing his shirt and continuously brushing off the invisible dust on my shoulders. But all the while I only stared at his eyes which was giving me a tingling sensation consistently and giddy feeling in my stomach. The spring wind intruded our room ignoring our privacy, accompanied by few Sakura petals- but all were unnoticed till they brushed through Zhan's locks. Zhan's slightly long locks dangled by the wind were falling gracefully on his forehead and some near eyes. But he was busy tidying me up. Needless to say, he won't be joining the sports but he will be there to cheer me up. Mesmerized by his beauty, I forgot the time and place. The polite yet stimulating sound of the pink wind chime that we bought a few months ago, was also enjoying our little time. 'All set' he said, and I pecked a kiss. He giggled on my lips and kissed back. 'We will be late, let's go. You have to win and treat me Takoyaki tonight. Zhoucheng said he will be joining too.' He ranted while tugging my hand to get us out of the room. I nodded enthusiastically.

It happened when I was standing and warming up on the starting line, and some of the other competitors started this. They are not from our class, they were seniors.

"ah, look who is joining the competition today. That asshole, son of a bitch."

"ah, I know right? I heard his mother is a lunatic and he is the reason his brother lost in the crowd."

"Oh my my, and he still has guts to stand here huh? Who knows if it's his mom who killed his father-"

I didn't know I was holding my breath and biting my lips so hard until I heard few sounds. A loud thud and then an ugh followed by some gasps and then flop. I turned my head and saw Zhan was standing there fuming in anger with a water bottle in his hand. The senpai was now on the ground, his hand rubbing his swelling mouth and glaring at Zhan. He was about to say something but Zhan cut him off.

"Don't you dare talk bad about Yibo, be you a senpai or kohai I do not care. He doesn't deserve such insults when he wasn't responsible for it." He said in one breath. I held his hand from stopping him to do more, but Miss Kumiko was already there. She was a wise person and she loved Zhan a lot. So maybe a bit biased, she realized Zhan is a calm -person and there must some good reason for him to hit a senpai's face with a two-liter bottle full of water. Ouch.

"Zhan we will take care of that. And meet me in my office after the race is done." She said as he took the other senpai to her room also to the nurse's room.

Later that day, I won the race. As a punishment, Zhan was supposed to be suspended from joining the class for two days, and he gladly took it. As promised I didn't forget to treat him and Zhoucheng Takoyaki. Trust me, it was really tasty.

 Trust me, it was really tasty