Maybe

-- Time Lapse: three weeks --

(Pete's POV)

Me and Patrick have been hanging out more. After the whole coffee thing, he's kind of let loose a bit. Every time I see him I just want to give him a great big bear hug and kiss every part of his body. But we haven't really kissed yet.

As for school, he still gets bullyed. Ive tried to stop it a couple times but instead they give me the punishment. Its all bullshit. I can't talk to Patrick either because I know I'll get picked on. Its excruciating not being able to talk to him at school.

(Patrick's POV)

I've been enjoying hanging out with pete. I mean, yes, I don't talk to him at school, but I think that's only because he's embarrassed. I don't blame him. Who would want to be caught with a fat, ugly faggot.

Apart from my daily torture, Pete and I hang out outside of school. Every time I think he's going to kiss me, he stops himself like he's not ready. Like he's not sure I'm into him or not. If only he knew I wanted so badly for him to kiss me with those lips.

Oh those lips

The only people I can confide these feelings into are Joe and Andy. We've been hanging out a lot since we decided to start a band. Did I mention that? Yeah, Andy's big news was he wanted to start a band. We really didn't have a name for it though. And we still needed a Bassist.

It was Friday, and we were practicing some new song ideas when my phone rang. Pete's contact number popped up and ran to pick it up.

Wait, don't answer yet. You don't want to look desperate.

I let it ring once or twice before answering it.

"Hey Pete."

"Hey Pattycakes. So, I really need to tell you something. Mind if I come over at 9?" He sounded a bit hesitant.

What is he going to tell me?

"Yeah, um, sure. Totally" I tried to sound casual but inside I was a mess of emotion.

"Okay cool." He hung up the phone.

What was he going to tell me.

(Pete's POV)

I needed to tell him. To tell him how I felt. I needed him to know that I like him. I like him a lot. I don't want to say I loved him because he's the best thing I have and I don't want to scare him away.

Pete, don't mess this up.

I start to panic at my decision and decide to take my medication. I used to go to a therapist but I quit on her. She was always talking about how to fix my bipolar disorder but fuck her. All I needed were two small, white pills and I was fine. No need to talk about it.

I ate dinner and checked the time. 8:30. I decided I better get ready so I'd be there in time.

Patrick, I like you.

I played in my head ways to say it.

Yo, pattycakes, I like ya bro. Stupid

Pat, I can't take it anymore. I'm in love with you. No, cant say that.

Patrick, will you marry me. Now where the fuck did that come from? I pushed out the worrying and slipped into skinny jeans and a jacket. I went to the mirror and grabbed a stick of eyeliner, smudging it on my eyes.

Alright, show time.

(Patricks POV)

I heard Pete's car ride up the driveway and instantly panicked.

Pull yourself together.

I went to the door just as he knocked.

"Hey pat." He said with a smile. "Um, can I come in?" His mood had obviously changed within a few seconds.

"Ya sure." I replied, leading him into the living room. We sat next to each other in silence. "So, what was it you wanted to tell me?" I said. My nerves were shaking wildly and I'm sure pete could feel it.

"Ya um.." He started but didn't finish. "Do you have any food?"

"Oh ya, um, I have leftover pizza?" I got up and headed towards the kitchen, still shaking.

"Pizzas great!" He answered.

After I had warmed up a couple of slices of pizza and filled two cups with diet coke, I returned to the living room. Pete now stood by the fireplace inspecting it nervously. When I walked in he looked up and tried to smile. We ate to pizza in silence, me worrying if something was wrong, and him thinking about something very hard.

"Alright Patrick," he started. I looked into his eyes and felt the fear coming from them. "Patrick, I... I.... I really, um." He looked as if he was trying to find the right words. He looked so scared I couldn't help myself anymore. I pulled his face towards me and kissed him. At first he was shocked but then he relaxed pushed back. He brought his hands to my waist and pulled me in. I felt my heartbeat quicken and I liked the way it felt. I finally let go and he looked me in the eyes. "Patrick I like you. Like a lot."

"I do too pete." I placed my head into his neck and he ran his fingers through my hair. It felt so good to have someone holding me. I wish we could sit here forever.

Maybe. Just maybe.