Job?

(Petes POV)

I woke up to a surprise. Patrick was not asleep next to me. He usually slept forever and I loved to watch him sleep. Is that creepy? Patrick is just so cute when he sleeps. It was two days after graduation and I was so glad to not go back to that school. I sat up and heard muffled yelling coming from the main floor. I cautiously made my way down the stairs when I saw Patrick on the couch crying.

"Patrick, Patrick baby whats wrong?" I asked running and sitting next to him putting my arms around him, pulling him into my chest. I rocked him and he continued to cry. I petted his hair and waited for him to calm down a bit.

"That was my mom." He said wiping tears away. I kissed the top of his head.

"And..?" I asked.

"She says shes not going to pay for the house anymore since we graduated." He started to cry again and I continued to pet him and shhsshh him. What were we going to do? Neither of us had actual jobs and our band only paid so much even though we had gigs almost every other night. I held him close.

"We will find a way" I reassured Patrick. I would get a job. Hell, Id let someone kill me so that Patrick wouldn't have to worry like this.

"I still have my college fund but I don't know how much is in there." He cried.

"Ill get a job, we will be fine babe." He looked up at me and I gave him a reassuring stare. I kissed his forehead.

"I love you Pete."

"I love you Patrick."

I woke up the next morning early to get ready. Yesterday I spent the whole day looking for job interviews. Unfortunately, cleaning bathrooms wasn't something I wanted to do. But if it came down to it, I would. Just to make Patrick happy. I had set up an interview with Andy's boss, Ray. Andy worked at a drug store down the street and I thought it might be cool to work with Andy. Not to mention it was better than cleaning toilets.

I had to be there in 10 minutes so I quickly showered and got into dress pants and a shirt I could tuck in. I didn't want to be too formal but I also didn't want to look like a complete bum. I kissed Patrick, who was still fast asleep and wrote a quick note telling him where I was.

I got to the drug store and walked in. Isles of random snacks, car cleaners, medicine, and other various items lined the store. I walked to the back and knocked on the door labeled 'manager'. A semi tall man with brown hair welcomed me into his office.

"Hi Pete!" he said. His office was relatively small but it was kind of cozy.

"Please, take a seat." he motioned to the seat in front of his desk. His desk was cluttered and he had a little sign that said 'Ray Toro'. I sat down.

"Thank you so much for this opportunity Mr. Toro." I said.

"Please, call me Ray. I hear your a friend of Andy's?" He asked taking a drink of his coffee.

"Yes." I replied.

"Andy is one of my most valuable and hardworking employees." He commented. " I hope you posses some of his habits?"

"We are really close, I wouldn't be surprised if I brushed my teeth the same way as him." I smiled and he smiled back.

"Theres not much to interview for a drug store, but you have to be admitted to this work."

"Sir, or Ray, Im in a bind with my situation at home. Honestly I need this money. I will do almost anything for it. Working hard is barely a price to pay." He seemed satisfied by that answer.

"Can you come in on Monday?"

"Yes."

"Good," He said taking a note on a sticky pad. "We will start your training with Andy and then within a week, you should have your own register." He smiled and I nodded.

"Thank you so much Ray."

"I hope you don't disappoint me now." He said as I stood to leave.

"I wont." And with that I left. I couldn't wait to tell Patrick about this.