In plain sight

(No one's p.o.v, and time skip a month later..)

(Small "narration"

Its a cold and bit of a foggy day outside, the windows to y/n's apartment are quite fogged, and the inside quite chilly. Its been a full month since y/n has been taking care of tori now, along with teaching her the ways of human society. But at the same time, finals for y/n and her studies have been catching up to her, and she has distanced herself from outside and along with the people she knows like her family and some friends, including Adam. Tori hasn't been that much of a hassle to y/n, however sometimes y/n would find the arm rests of her couch scratched and sometimes torn from tori's claws; and sometimes chewed/ripped pillows from her chewing them. But lets see how they're doing as of now,.. Shall we? )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(No one's p.o.v)

It's currently 5:00 am in the morning,
The only light on in y/n's house is her dining room, and y/n herself is sitting there fast asleep under the light with her personal computer open but screen off, along with pages and pages of notes scattered all over the room and floor.
The door to y/n's room opens, and out comes tori wearing an oversized t-shirt as her sleeping attire, and a small stuffed fox plushie held in her arm. The light hit tori's eyes that it caused her pupils to shrink to slits, and she lets out a tired grunt before rubbing her eyes.

"Mmhn... Y/n..."
Tori groaned sleepily before she started to walk to the dining room.

"I thought you said you were going to come to bed after you stud-"

Tori refrained from finishing her sentence when she saw y/n fast asleep with her face on the table and her arms covering her face and cushioning her head.

Tori's tail swished to the side, then she walks toward the table and sets her fox plush on the table.

"Pssst.. Y/n.."

Tori gently poked the back of y/n's neck.

"Mmmnng!!"
Y/n grunted sleepily in response, and pushed tori's hand away lightly.

Slightly annoyed, tori's feline ears foldes back as she crossed her arms. She hates being told one thing, and something else happens interfering with what she was told.. She was about to speak again, but then she felt a chill go up her spine which caused her to hug herself and shiver.

(Tori's p.o.v)

"Brr.."
I felt my tail swish to the right and curl around my leg. I felt another chill up my back, and strange bumps started to form on my bare arms.

"My arms would look just like this when I was back with my old "master"..
She'd never let me wear  comfortable shirts like what y/n has me wear.."

I thought to myself as I turned to look at the noisy "ticking" clock hung on the wall behind and a little above y/n.
I squinted my eyes and tried to read the clock like how y/n taught me to read it by looking at the hands and numbers of the clock.

"Five... Five.... Th-...brr!"

I felt myself shiver again and it stopped me from reading the clock.

"Too cold..."

I walked to the sliding window in the living room and felt it to feel more "colder" there.
I touched the blindes that were covering the window that y/n told me not to play with so I wouldn't break them.

I looked behind me and at sleeping y/n, and I couldn't help but smile a little

"Shes so cute~"

I think to myself, but I caught myself and turned around.
I looked back at the blindes, and then I slowly pull the cord that picks them up, and what I saw was just amazing.