"Urgent"

Adam- "y/n... its urgent."

Y/n pinches the bridge of her nose in frustration, then she sighs and answers back.

Y/n- "let me guess... your parents are coming to visit?"
Adam- "YES!!! and you know how they are!!"
Y/n- i know, I know. You don't have to remind me.
Adam- "I'm sorry.... but it gets so stressful when they're around..."

No one's p.o.v

Y/n stands there in annoyance when she hears that adam's parents are coming along, especially on a day where she wants to get to know tori better. See, Adam doesn't have the best relationship with his parents. Being the only child, his parents set high expectations for him, and would always interrogated him about his personal life. Even as an adult. Of course, y/n didn't really understand why his parents wouldn't leave him alone, considering that he's already an adult. So every year that his parents come by, she tags along for the emotional support. Even though it exhausting....

Y/n sighs again. Then she speaks

"Fine.... I'll come around again. But you owe me big time"

Adam replies back:

"Of course. Trust me y/n.... i will make it up to you"

Y/n: "you know, i doubt they're even going to remember me. Every year I've seen your parents, they always forget who i am"

Adam: "which makes that better."

Y/n: "I suppose you're right... but everytime you "introduce me to them, they always make me feel so uncomfortable by them staring at me for too long"

Adam: "don't worry.... I'll do my best to keep them from doing that. They stare. And I don't blame you if you get creeped out by that, to be honest even i find it hella creepy."

\\mean while//

Tori- (in her mind) "what's taking y/n so long? And who is she talking to?! We always seem to be interrupted by something or someone. It's annoying!"

Tori sat there and played with the table mat out of boredom, until she huffs softly, and gets off her chair. Out of curiosity, she decided to creep her way to a spot where she can hide, and listen to y/n speaking to whoever Shes talking to. Y/n's voice is quite muffled, so she raises her cat like ear that was tucked into her hair and listens in.

Y/n: "also, Adam. You better not over drink when we're over at wherever we're going to meet. Your non sober self is... displeasing. And you know it."

*tori can't really hear who y/n's talking to, but what catches her off guard is that y/n mentioned a male name. Jealousy shoots through her, and her ears go back. She lightly frowns*

Tori p.o.v: *thinking*
"Who the hell is adam?!?!"

Because tori was too busy thinking, her thoughts finally get cut off when she hears a door open, and the click was enough to startle tori, and then duck behind a couch to hide.

Y/n: "*sighs* okay Adam... give me at least 20 minutes to get dressed and I'll make my way over there. I'll drive, and I'll meet you there. Just... try not to panic okay? Everything will be okay."

Y/n then hangs up the phone.

Y/n's p.o.v : i slip my phone into my back pocket and then look at the empty seat where tori was recently seated, and to my panic, the seats empty.
Panic fills me, and then i walk to the kitchen.
"Tori?!?"
I call out, and then i lift up the table cloth and look under the table"

*a voice is heard behind y/n*

Tori: "yes?"

Startled, i lift up my head, only to smack the back of my head against the table.

Y/n: "ah, shit!"
I take my head out from underneath the table, and then i turn around to look at tori.
"Ah... tori!" I rub my head, and stand up.
"You scared me!"

*tori's cat like ears go back, and her tail droops, and it makes me feel very guilty.. tori's now sorrowful eyes meet mine, and she slowly bows down her head*

Tori: i-im sorry...

Rubbing the back of my head with one hand, i then reach out my other hand to rub her cat ears.
"Its alright." I speak in my reassuring tone, and then i pick up her face to make her look at me.
"Hey... i have to leave in about 10 minutes to go see a uh... friend of mine..."

*tori tries to hide her jealousy in her eyes, but her ears go back again*

Tori: y-yeah?

"Yeah... its.."
"Its urgent.."