Finally, I'm away from them

All of the sudden I heard a maid speaking ,

"Ha, she deserves this. Who could live with this arrogant woman? Master doesn't need someone like her."

"She thinks she can deceive us with her demeanour. Nobody would believe her innocent act. Two -faced b*tch !", responded another maid.

Just as I turned around the corner, I saw five young maids standing in circle in the middle of the corridor. It seemed that they stopped cleaning the place, so they could talk with each other.

The next one continued confidently,

" I heard her walking around in the room. She must be boiled with rage ! As I thought, She is really ill-tempered and emotionally unstable."

'Now this didn't make sense. What was walking in the room had to do with wrath ?! Do they have a brain? I wouldn't deny that I was in fact angry, but being ill-tempered and emotionally unstable as the conclusion ? Are you kidding me? ', I murmured with a frown while secretly listening to their conversation.

" It was like punishment to serve her. Lady Bareford is multiple times better than her."

They didn't like me, but liked Luciana. I felt so offended now !

Even though they talked behind my back, I was extremely calm which a normal thinking person wouldn't stand it in such situation surely. But for me it was almost daily basis.

I remembered the times I heard their usual kind of talks which contained mostly of badmouthing and ridiculing me, whenever I was around or not. It didn't matter when and how ,as long as they lowered my energy. In addition to this, the following disgusted eyes directed at me, some even were filled with hostility, was the icing on the cake. Over time I just ignored them and got used to it.

'How could I endure this that long ?', I admitted to myself .

" Her family must be as bad as her ,for sure . HAHAHAHA !", the last maid added before laughing along with the other maids.

Well, I lost my patience now. What did they know about my family? They were the best family you could ever wish for, especially in the European medieval century.

Above all they cared for their people in the territory. Why would our territory flourish so well when not because of them? 'Just listening to the nonsense made me puke',was my thought.

Until now I never scolded them before, as long as they did their job properly. Only their shatter and cold attitude towards me was something I really wished it to end. Some would ask why I didn't criticising them for this ?

The reason was that this could be used for evidence to prove their statements about me being a villainess, which would result them to send complaints to the archduke directly. If I let my anger on them, they could maliciously utilise it as a prove for my "wickedness", because nobody in this mansion was on my side at that time. Then it would cause problems for me as well as for my family, so I avoided this. That was my thought in the past.

Before that, I believed they wouldn't consult with the archduke, knowing that I didn't do anything to them in reality. But now I knew of the unheard complaints through my ex-husband personally.

That was some irony, I had to admit. How could I believe in something like this ?

Angry at my own stupidity I thought, 'Since I was already divorced, I won't see them or any of these people ever again anyway, why not acting like a villainess they always portrayed me for once now?'

" Hey !", I yelled to the group of young maids.

The maids all looked in my direction and shock became visible on their faces upon seeing me.