Who are you ?

With my right feet on top of the window frame, I then climbed up and screamed out of my lungs,

" Who are you ?!".

When I saw the young boy still running away from outside the window, I just looked at him stupefied. It wasn't because I expected him to stop, it rather was due to my circulating thoughts. My mind was so filled with many theories about his appearance, that I didn't mind the boy continuously leaving. But this didn't took long as I came back from my short trance and finally followed him. Once my feet touched the dirty ground, I immediately focused my eyes at the direction where he disappeared and could see a few silver hair reflected in the moonlight.

" He isn't that far away. I can still catch him", I confirmed.

Without wasting more time, I shortly tried catching him. Over time I slowly lost my previous confidence. It became a challenge for me to even reach him. Was it the long dress or the heels which slowed me down ? Or I was just too slow before ? Yes, all factors fit. But this didn't matter anymore, once I reached him. I needed the information. Stuff which could become useful in the future. That was my thought. Why did I assume he could have important knowledge ? I hoped that he got few books or stories told by his ancestors. The sources could contain important information about our family which even my own family didn't know of. I remember that a war between us and the Shadows will happen in the near future according to the novel.

"My ability to organise my thoughts was amiable as as my capability to distract myself from my focus" , I sighted looking into the nothingness.

No matter how much I moved around, everything seemed the same and it finally felt like time stopped. At this moment I knew that my senses slowly became numb. The endless sea of darkness which I only noticed belatedly soon absorbed my whole mind and fear filled me. I wasn't stupid to not see the darkness before me, however I just became more aware of it now. I didn't know the reason, but this didn't matter anymore. My rational self was already too overwhelmed by my angst to think about it. Shudder slowly ran down my spine, hair on my skin stood up, adrenaline rose up and slowly sweat formed on my forehead. This emptiness I saw in the place shouldn't be unknown for me, as I was in prison before and I also walked in dark streets alone in this and my other world. But it felt abnormally dark for me. Sometimes I looked back to make sure nobody followed me afraid a stranger could attack me suddenly. "How I wished this kid appear now !", I pleaded.

Slowly noticing that my speed got higher over time, I became slightly exhausted and tried to calm down by standing still and doing breath exercises. I didn't know how long I ran and where I was now. At some point I really regretted following this child. Before I was so occupied with getting information from this child that I totally forgot the consequences.

As I looked around, I saw the moonlight sometimes brightened my view slightly on the unfamiliar and familiar objects in this dark alley. Frames and lines became visible whenever the light hit on few places, but it was still hard as heck walking around, possible missing things and crushing into walls accidentally. I was lucky or unlucky seeing his hair through the store's light from the window before, I thought pathetically. Nonetheless I shivered at the thought if dangers suddenly appeared in front of me. That reminded me of the days before my execution again. I was closed up in the prison, the darkness was my only company, screams from other prisoners filled the silence and everyday became a torture for me waiting for my death. If someone asked me to choose between waiting to die or to die right now, I would answer... die. Because of this experience I got to know real loneliness, when everything was lost. My family abandoned me, dirt and smell of blood left here and there, harsh accusations towards me from everywhere could be heard and on top of that, my only love didn't even hesitate to see me dead. Nobody was on my side was my thought in the past. At this moment I thought death was my only salvation there, releasing me from my pain. Since coming back I even thought I would hate my family and the people I once loved before due to this, but it seemed like I still had some lingering feelings. Nonetheless I couldn't forgive them easily. No matter what explanation they gave me, because they had to feel what I felt before to understand my previous situation. This was there very reason I still couldn't fully trust them for now. Sometimes I became even a bit uncomfortable around them and I was sure they noticed it. That's why I believed that my mom wanted to spend time with each other to ease me. I knew I still didn't happen yet, but can you blame at this point ? I'm a human too. There should be valid reason for my pain and until then I will wait to hear, so... don't expect too much from me, please ? Mother, father and brother Leon.