Breakfast with aftertaste

As I woke up after such stressful day, I could finally start my second new life with a clear mind. Sigh. If only my supposed- clear mind wouldn't always travel to yesterday's discussions with the king and the archduke Evergarden. Truth to be told, I had some regrets regarding that one particular argument. The other one I didn't care since I didn't have a choice in the first place. But the dispute after that made me rethink my actions before. Cedric was just friendly as it was his duty. That what I should know, however I became so angry especially because of this. Always duty, duty and duty. What else did or could he do than that ?

At the moment I still lay on my bed, again looking at the already third new ceiling by now which was rather simple yet classic in contrast to the others this time. White colours with some creative reliefs on the frames and edges, while in the middle hang a big glass chandelier. Nothing special to describe, nonetheless it was still beautiful in itself.

" Now I have to get up", I finally thought, "... but I'm too lazy... "

"Besides..." My gaze then turned to the small child lying next to me who continued sleeping peacefully. His innocent face in combination with his fox ears and silver hair illuminated a halo consisted of many light sparkles and the edges of his hair seemed to become one with the morning light that shone through the high windows. His slow breathing, chest going up and down and eyelashes softly fluttering made him look slightly surreal.

" How beautiful... "

For a moment I actually believed he was a living puppet or my imagination from a book.

Instead of standing up, I now watched the sleeping beauty. Soon my line of sight came to our connected hands under the blanket. Just remembering what happened yesterday after our discussion warmed my heart.

This event was certainly a surprise when I heard Kitsune's exclamation about him staying with me under disguise. He could have lived with the rest of my family in luxury but he preferred to be with me. This totally gave me butterflies. No discussion after that,...but what next came was indeed unexpected.

He also wished to always sleep with me.

Naturally, it led a huge conflict regarding this matter because despite him being a child he was still a male.

However in my opinion I couldn't understand their mind process because I was already married before, so I already lost my "innocence" and therefore there wasn't a need for such assurance. This thing should have been pointed out, yet I didn't join in this argument as I wanted to watch Kitsune struggling. It wasn't because I was sadistic or anything.

Just your own effort showed the results. That was one of the principles of our family. So to sum it up, we wanted to see his determination.

Besides it also helped my little one to become more used to my family.

But at some point I regretted not having intertwined back then as it went on for three hours. Luckily, my friend knew how to use his appearance and then showed his puppy face. It was only the matter of time when they would give up, thus I who was the subject of this argument just watched it in amusement.

As expected it became their defeat and Kitsune and me already went to our room for sleep. On the way he suddenly asked me annoyed, " Why didn't you help me ? " To this, I just shrugged and said with a smile,

" I wasn't particularly against the idea of sleeping with you since I would wake up seeing a beauty next to me. But I wanted to see how much you like me to do so. That's why I didn't want to go between you both."

Afterwards he blushed while shouting, " You pervert !", then hugged his body with a disgusted face and finally ran to the bathroom which was connected to my temporarily bedroom.