4. BUBBLEGUM BITCH

"WITH EACH DAY COMES A NEW EMBARRASSMENT."

Sugawara was beginning to regret telling you that you'd bumped into Kiyoko; it was now lunch, and it had been at least a day, and you were laying in a miserable heap on the courtyard outside

"Are you that upset about it?" he mumbled, sitting cross legged next to you.

"Duh," you muttered, playing with your glasses. "I made a fool out of myself, just like I said I would."

"I'm sure you didn't," Sugawara assured, patting your head.

"No, I did," you sighed, rubbing your forehead, "and I can't stop thinking about it. God, can't I have one day when I don't fuck up?"

"Have you fucked up today at all?" Sugawara questioned.

"No, but I will at some point," you replied shortly, turning onto your side and away from him.

"(L/n), can you tell me about your difficulties? Is there anything I can do to help?" Sugawara asked, shaking your shoulder.

"Nope, I'm like this for life," you muttered, curling in on yourself.

"You don't know that! If you talked to me—"

"Chocolate," you cut him off, holding up a bar of the stated food, "doesn't ask silly questions. Chocolate understands."

"God help me—" Sugawara pinched the bridge of his nose. "Look, it's going to rain. If you stay out here, you'll get sick!"

"Good," you grumbled. "If I'm lucky I'll die of hypothermia."

He ended up dragging you by your foot out of the courtyard, just in time before a downpour commenced. The both of you sat in the corridor leading to the gym, Sugawara keeping a concerned eye on you, as you curled up in a ball; he was incredibly worried about you.

"(L/n)," he tried, a little more gently this time, "you can't keep stressing over this."

"I wanted to be friends with her," you mumbled, "I thought she was brilliant, when I texted with her in the chat. And now I've gone and humiliated myself in front of her, and I hate it."

Sugawara shook his head, and fixed the collar of your shirt, so it was no longer crooked. "No you haven't, I'm sure you're overthinking it. Look, I'll go get you your favourite drink from the vending machine, you need to have something to cheer you up," he left quietly, but not before giving you a little pat on your head.

You sat there, deep in your mind, thinking about what would happen if you took a dog named Shark to the beach.

Until a comcerningly familiar voice caused you to snap out of your daze; "Excuse me," you turned your head to find Kiyoko, "but are you feeling better, after you tripped yesterday?"

"Uh, I, uh," you struggled to find the right words, "yes! I-I am fine. Thank you..."

"I see," she replied calmly, starting to walk past you.