#23 - They Ask You To Marry Them

Thomas:

You had just finished your day's work and were making your way towards the dining room for dinner before heading off to bed. While you were walking, your mind was in a daze and you slipped over a rock. Luckily your boyfriend was there to catch you (literally).

"Whoa (Y/N)! Are you alright there?" He asks you as he helps you stand up with his hands on your waist.

"I'm fine Tommy. Just wasn't paying attention was all." You say. He gives you a questioning look but you just brush him off, continuing your way to the dining room when suddenly Thomas pulls your wrist and spins you around again.

You were about to ask him what he wanted but then he got down on one knee and held out a little box with a simple gold band in it. You couldn't believe what was happening as your body refused to accept it.

"(Y/N), I've always loved you. Ever since you woke up in the box and I set my eyes on you. I promised you I'd get you out of here and I will keep that promise but for now, I cannot wait. Will you please marry me (Y/N)?" Thomas looked up to you with pleading eyes as you held out your hand.

Watching him slip the ring on your finger, you pulled him into a passionate kiss only to hear streams of wolf whistles and cheers come from the other Gladers.

Newt:

You and Newt are walking to your secret place in the Glade. A beautiful meadow with a waterfall and flowers everywhere.

Once you get there, you take off your shoes and socks and sit on the edge with your feet in the water. You move them gently, admiring the simple beauty of the water rippling.

You hear scrunching behind you and, on instinct, you stand up quickly into a fighting position before turning around.

"(Y/N). I know we're in such a shucked up place but I really want to spend whatever time of our lives that we have left with you. Will you please marry me?" You look down shocked to see Newt holding out a gold ring with a diamond on the top.

Tears start streaming down your cheeks faster than the waterfall as you nod and leap into give him a hug. He stands up, his arms wrapped around your waist holding you close.

When you two let go, he holds your hand gently and slides the ring on before standing up and kissing you softly with the sound of the water splashing behind you.

Minho:

Sneaking past the other Gladers, you made your way out to the Deadheads. Your boyfriend, Minho, had told you to meet him there tonight since he had a surprise for you.

Truthfully, it was cold and you really didn't want to be out in the middle of the night with the breeze blowing on you back but you were really curious to find out what this surprise was.

Once in the Deadheads you call out Minho's name multiple times and you had no reply. The wind was beginning to blow harder and for a moment you felt as though he had stood you up. That was until your heard crunching behind you and you spun around to see Minho on one knee, a black box in his hand.

"Wow. You actually came! I'm surprised (Y/N)." He said sending you a wink before continuing. "Anyway, I was wondering, I have loved you forever and I know we haven't known each other long here, I feel like we've known each other forever, so would you marry me?" He asked and you fought back the tears as you stifle out a yes before hugging him and pushing him against the tree.

Gally:

You had finished your work as fast as you could since you really wanted to meet with your boyfriend, Gally, in the Homestead. He said he had planned something really special for you since it was your two year anniversary.

Throwing down your shovel, you ran over to the Homestead and stopped at the door fixing up your clothes and hair before heading inside. The first thing you see is a table with two dishes and a candle but looking down you see something way more precious.

It was Gally, on one knee holding out a silver box with a crystal ring inside. Your heart stops beating and yet you don't notice as he begins to speak and tears fill your eyes.

"(Y/N), you are the most precious thing in the world to me and I want to keep you safe and sound by my side for the rest of eternity, so will you please marry me?" This is the first time you had seen Gally so nervous which only made you smile and laugh before kneeling down to him and kissing his red cheek.

"Yes! Of course I will, silly." You say to him laughing as he puts the ring on your finger before leading you to the table.

Chuck:

You stand awkwardly at the tree on the edge of the forest. You'd always been scared of the forest but your boyfriend had told you to meet him here.

So here you are, standing on the edge of the dark forest. Your legs are shaking as you wrap your jumper around your arms tighter, trying to block out the cold wind.

Suddenly you feel two gentle arms wrapped around you. You jump in surprise until you see your boyfriend behind you. Before you could snuggle into his arms he lets go and walks in front of you.

"Chuck..." You ask quietly as he kneels down and pulls out a beautiful diamond ring in a black box.

"(Y/N). You're my beautiful princess and I want to keep you happy, now and forever more. So will you please marry me?" He asks, his voice shaking as your eyes fill with tears of joy.

"I will." You say. He smiles brightly placing the ring on your finger before wrapping you in a tight but loving hug.

Teresa:

You're walking away from work towards the hammocks when your girlfriend stops right in the middle of the Glade.

"Teresa? What's wrong?" You ask quietly and yet you still seemed to have attracted the attention of most the Glade. You watch as she knelt down and pulls out a simple crystal and gold ring.

"(Y/N). I love you. Even though we're both girls and all these guys probably think it's weird, I want to be with you forever. Will you do the honour of marrying me?" You blush and fall to your knees in front of her.

"Yes... Of course I will Teresa!" You watch through your tears of happiness as she slips the ring onto your finger before you push her down gently on the ground kissing her.

"Thank you." You hear her say just over all the cheering as you two break apart.