Forever in Peace

*warning: death of person*

Zemo and Jamie are busy with settling down in their new home when Sam and Bucky decide to pay them a visit and also cause Bucky wants to give them some gifts for their child.

-a year later-

Zemo is taking his daughters, Zasha and Anya out to play when he sees a knife being thrown their way and the last flag smasher start approaching them as revenge on his part of killing his comrades. He fights to not let his daughters get hurt but is getting beaten up. He falls to the ground while being badly injured but not before he manages to kill Diego, the last flag smasher by shooting him three times in the heart.

Bucky tries to lead his nieces away while he dials for an ambulance to get Zemo to the hospital after he has seen what has happened as he leaves a coffee store nearby. But his younger niece refuses to leave her father by clinging onto him. She only does so after he tells her that she'll be given candy by letting go of her dad to get him taken to the hospital. He then takes his nieces to buy them candy and then take them home.

Jamie is worriedly pacing the floor of her bedroom, wondering why Zemo and their daughters still hasn't returned. She rushes to the hospital after Bucky drops the girls off and he tells her about what has happened. "Big brother Bucky, please take care of the girls for a few days while I'm away" she tells him before leaving.

Zemo wakes up to find himself on a hospital bed with his face and and body in bandages and Jamie is sobbing while laying her face on his bed side. He reaches out to stroke her hair gently. "Baby, please don't cry. I will be alright in a few days" he says softly to her.

Jamie and Zemo return home and their daughters run up to their dad and hug him tightly. He kneels down to return their hugs while Jamie smiles at the sight. The four of them, along with Bucky decide to go to a photo studio to get a photo taken together. Zemo places the photo on the living room wall the next day.