Chapter 14

"You've been in a good mood for days already."

I grinned. "Is it that obvious?"

"Only dense people would not notice."

I hummed out of happiness. I had such a great time yesterday night since I felt the chilly wind on my skin and I also saw the moon and stars after a very long time.

I didn't notice that I took everything for granted. The small things that I always see and do in the past are something that I can't easily achieve today.

Once I get out of here I'll not stay cooped up in my room anymore. I'll always go out for every opportunity that arises.

It's a little funny that I'm used in the dark now. I'll be having night vision if this continues.

"Why are you happy?"

"It's a secret." I felt Hans looking at me so I winked at him. I feel apologetic that he was knocked out cold the other day but he didn't take it hardly, probably out of pity.

I picked up a piece of the puzzle and put it on the board. "By the way, why do you keep coming here?"

He shrugged as we continued forming the puzzle.

I'm quite conflicted on him always coming in my cell bringing all sorts of stuff like board games, books and such.

Is he bored or does he want to play with me? Well, I already know that he doesn't have friends but 2 out of 3 times that he visits me, he brings games that are for children.

I want to ask if he doesn't have a childhood or something but it might be a sensitive matter.

"Oh, so this is a painting during the night." I scanned the finished puzzle. It was a picture of a forest during the evening.

“The fireflies look pretty.”

"Have you ever seen a firefly?”

I shook my head. “I have never seen a firefly in my whole life so it looked pretty to me. I'm also not good with insects.”

He suddenly showed me his palm.

“What? Are you going to order me to massage that?”

He frowned. “What the hell do you even think of me?”

Small lights suddenly came out from his hand. It was shining enough that my eyes wouldn’t hurt from looking at it, it was warm to look at.

“Pretty.” I tried to hold one ball of light in my hands and I was right that it is warm.

“Yeah. Pretty.”

I tried to show him that I was holding the ball of light when our eyes suddenly met. I felt a little embarrassed since I suddenly saw him smiling.

He cleared his throat. “I’ll show it to you anytime you wa--”

“Oh. You have something on your hair.” I grabbed the ball of light in his hair and I felt ecstatic from its warmness.

“You!” I flinched when he suddenly raised his voice. He stood up from his chair, stepped backwards and pointed his finger to me as if I just did something dirty and offending.

What’s his problem again?

***
Halo. School will end in two weeks and I will be active again after that. I have around 13 major exams to be done in two weeks. I can't wait for everything to end. I'm so done with exams lol.