#WUM23

#WUM23

This was the first time Hera texted me about being stressed. For the past years, she never mentioned any problem to me so it made me really think she was in deep shit right now.

I calmed myself down as I slid into the lift of the condominium she was in. I feel nervous but I don't want to think about something negative.

I swallowed the lump in my throat, my hands were trembling a bit—I couldn't ease the stress in my head even how much I demanded myself to calm down.

Hera wouldn't do anything stupid, right.

Lumabas ako ng lift at dineretso ang hallway. I also checked my cell phone and found that she had no reply. Mabilis kong narating ang tapat ng pinto niya, hindi ako nag-isip at tinipa ang passcode ng unit upang makapasok dahil nasabi na niya ito noong unang lipat niya pa lang.

The living area was a disaster, there were crumpled and torn magazines—fashionable messy dresses—disorganized high heels, and some other things lying on the carpeted floor that made it look so fucked up.

This is so Hera but I'm still anxious. What happened? Where is she?

I gasped my dubious thoughts.

"Hera?" I called, my voice echoed in the middle of the hushed condo and no one answered that made me scoff and dart around to search for her. "Hera, where the hell are you?!"

Nang takbuhin ko ang kusina ay nakita ko siyang papasalubong kaya namilog ang mga mata ko kasabay ng paggaan sa loob-loob. Fuck, she's unscathed. She was wearing an apron, she looked messy because of the flour and some syrup on it—her hair was in a bun too and it was dusty.

"Hey!" she squealed in excitement. "Sorcha, I'm having a hard time here! I didn't expect reading and watching on YouTube wouldn't help me in the flesh! My God, I'm running out of time to clean the mess! Friends are coming!"

Thank God, she seems alright. I didn't react, I blinked my eyes while staring at her.

"You texted me for—"

She widened her eyes mockingly, cutting my line. "Oops! I know you're bad at this too but you're fast learner than me!"

I tilted my head while looking at her. Hindi pa ako nakakabawi mula sa kabang dala ng text niya at ito lang pala ang problema niya? She was obviously baking today. I knew that she couldn't even fry a chicken, so baking would be harder for her. And this stressed her out.

"But never mind!" she giggled as she turned to walk back into the kitchen counter. "Just clean the living area for me before Lorelei arrives here. I'd be embarrassed to be seen this messy!"

Jesus.

Pinanood ko siyang inabala ang sarili sa gawain saka ako tumalikod para pumunta sa living area. Nakakapanghina. I bowed my head as I leaned on the wall, my heart felt strangled for the whole moment and I seemed to forget breathing. I let out a heavy sigh and closed my eyes. I was so glad that she was alright.

Pinakalma ko ang inis ko sa text niya. Honestly, it was annoying to remember. She worried me so much for nothing. I mean, her message was like she was in chaos and I almost had my heart attack thinking about whys.

Kagaya ng request niya, nilinis ko ang kalat sa living area at dinala ang mga gamit niya sa kuwarto. I went back to the kitchen to scold her about the text she sent.

"Huwag ka na ulit magt-text ng ganoon sa akin," seryoso kong sinabi.

It was so uncomfortable and depressing for me, too. I don't wanna receive a message like that again for nothing serious.